Active Topics

Notices

so? Everybody happy? Lol

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Pakistan
Thanks a lot for making such a nice app. I am not a user of Whatsapp but I am using it now.. You know for show off :P
But man you really rock. You deserve much much appreciation. As long as community is filled with people like you N9 will stay alive. Nokia is trying hard to kill it but with the community support we are untouchable.
This app is working perfectly. No problem at all.
Thanks again man.
God Bless You

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ lebanon
Originally Posted by amaziN9 View Post
so? Everybody happy? Lol
damn yes just look at how fast this thread is growing

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Originally Posted by amaziN9 View Post
so? Everybody happy? Lol
Nope, n900 version of course!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wreck For This Useful Post:
Great application. Never used the whatsapp before, but now i see plenty of my friends use it.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
2nd or 3rd page of this thread, already been answered.
it's actually in the very 1st post, everyone should be reading that before they do anything.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by rasjani View Post
All above findings from 0.1.7 version.
Just in case you're not aware, there is a newer version now.

Hi guys, I don't really post here at all but I wanted to try to help as much as possible with this project. Do you think I could suggest things to be fixed (UX and UI wise) here? Or is there any other thread?

Btw, I am REALLY grateful just for this app the way it is. It's more than enough. I just wanna make it perfect.

Anyhow, I will only edit this post until I get a reply! I will only point out small things anyhow that I think could be better!
  • Splash screen
    > Black or in sync with the app's theme (black or white)
    > Font should be Nokia Pure
  • Integration of status message into the Availability app as well as being able to choose availability there. This would make "Quit" Wazapp unnecessary.
  • Avatars should be inserted into a squircle
  • Adapting the messaging interface to the standard Messaging App:
    > Top bar with a button "Chats" and the person's Avatar and Name with the "last seen" underneath the name.
    > Removal of the toolbar with the Back button
    > Removal of the Send button unless typing a message > just like standard messaging app, which will make also room for eventual attachments. (in case this is not followed up, the send button, when pressed, is bugged as it highlights only part of the button)
    > Use the standard chat bubbles or add a shadow to the chat bubbles
    > Line separator between message and time/date should be of a soft color, perhaps grey. It should also not start at the edge of the chat bubble but instead have a 4 px (or something like that) space between the start and the edges
    > For the white theme, change the grey bubble to a pure white and make the date and time from each message grey.
    > For the black theme, white text on the blue chat bubbles and white chat bubbles with pure black text on them.
    > Remove the person's avatar in the conversation as it already exists up top
  • Interface:
    > Wazapp icon on toolbar is useless at the moment so my suggestion is to direct you to your Availability and Status message. It should also be decreased in size and be black/white or changed all together, perhaps a dynamic button that displays your availability (you could remove the "Connecting" pop up AND people would be certain of their status all the time).
    > Chats and Contacts should be icons and not text in the toolbar.
    > Black / White theme should be remembered. At this moment, it resets to black theme if you restart the app
    > When you select a person to chat with, it should display a Grey highlight, like in options or in Messaging. At this moment, it does not show any signs of being pressed.
    > Change date in Chats to display "Yesterday" or "2 days ago" instead of the date. Makes up for easier recognition. Also, you could include a scrolling list and separate chats in days (see messaging app)
    > Include a search function if you scroll up ( like messaging app )
    > When you receive a message, it plays 2 sounds, one from a chat and one from the text message. I personally would like it if it played only the Chat bubble, as it gets annoying if you get 3 messages in a row.

I have a lot of ideas but I think everybody will hate me for being so picky so I'll leave this at that!

Last edited by fsx; 2012-05-18 at 11:09.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fsx For This Useful Post:
can the N900 run this under meego platform ?

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2012 @ Indonesia
Originally Posted by tgalal View Post
Hi guys, quick note:

If you get any recurring problems, like red dots not changing, contacts not syncing, initializing screen opens and closes immediately with nothing happening afterwards, please run in terminal as a normal non-root user the following:
Code:
/opt/waxmppplugin/bin/wazapp/wazapp
and post the output where it fails, either here or better to tarek[at]wazapp[dot]im

Thanks
i can run the wazapp with that command, but still cant sync the contact,????

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp