I really wish the N9 had a full featured IMAP client like Profimail as the built in client is very limited and slow.

One very specific - and simple - frustration is that when I delete mail on my N9 it is not deleted on the server. Similarly, read emails are not marked read on the server. These are some very key features of IMAP. Is there any way to enable them? I've searched both the application and account settings and found nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I should add that I have a "Trash" folder. My server is running an older IMAP implementation where all the folders are nested inside Inbox so I cannot create any root folders below Inbox. I'm sure this is probably the issue, but it works on Profimail Symbian, webOS, iOS, etc.

Last edited by Mize; 2012-05-20 at 17:24.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
please search before posting new threads. Read through the n9 email thread and you'll find this issue being worked around by installing memailsettings and then choosing your thrash folder on the server.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
I'll do more reading, but I read I thread like that and it pertained only to google IMAP. My bad.