Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by McPollo View Post
Hi man, it looks great!!! I was working in something similar just to probe my qml skills, I think a "Messages" button on the header looks better than an arrrow, but the user status is too long...

Hi, how did you managed to get it working?, mine keeps saying
need to remove your account from accounts manager and re-register
I have it on TELCEL

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
keep improving, niceee, you are all great

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dcastrog View Post
I want to report a very important BUG

When I registered Whatsapp on my N9, somehow it registered under a different ID, but same number. When I chat with my contacts on my N9 I will appear with my international format number, not under my own contact information. I had to tell them who I was even when they already had my number saved, then they have to manually save my number, which is duplicated, and delete the older one.

This is important, because, today I logged in my Nokia 808 and found some messages that didnt receive on my N9. This means that there are two accounts under my number and it has to do with the way Wazapp registers your number (international format). My friends on Windows Phone cannot register my international format number in any way, so I will appear with my number on Whatsapp, instead with my contact info..

Weird, I know, does anybody has this too? Or is it only me? I tried registering again, but doesnt work.
WhatsApp on ALL phones registers using the international format.

It asked for your country, then your number without the first 0.

Does this on Android/iOS/BB but I am not sure about Symbian, pretty sure it does the same for Symbian as well as it is how they design the app.

Numbers are always in international format for WhatsApp.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
I want to report a very important BUG

When I registered Whatsapp on my N9, somehow it registered under a different ID, but same number. When I chat with my contacts on my N9 I will appear with my international format number, not under my own contact information. I had to tell them who I was even when they already had my number saved, then they have to manually save my number, which is duplicated, and delete the older one.

This is important, because, today I logged in my Nokia 808 and found some messages that didnt receive on my N9. This means that there are two accounts under my number and it has to do with the way Wazapp registers your number (international format). My friends on Windows Phone cannot register my international format number in any way, so I will appear with my number on Whatsapp, instead with my contact info..

Weird, I know, does anybody has this too? Or is it only me? I tried registering again, but doesnt work.
Dude, you are using WhatsApp the wrong way.

first, conversation log saved on the phone, not at the server...the server will push the message to your phone.
second, as above said, your WhatsApp ID saved in international number format, only and only that.
Third, your friend on WP cannot register your number on WhatsApp? Aren't he suppose to save your number in his contact book? hurrdurr

FORTH : Nokia 808?????

Last edited by soryuuha; 2012-05-22 at 03:03.

I have problem installing it to the new 0.2.4 . Previously I have 0.1.8 installed. It was working perfectly until i wanted to upgrade to the new one. It says Dependency Notice. To completeinstallation of Wazapp additional applications need to be downloaded and installed. I click Accept. After that it shows Installation Failed , Installation interrupted , Try again / Cancel. It has been like this for the pass 24hours. I have rebooted my N9. Still same problem. Any help guys??
I even removed the previous version. Still same problem.

Originally Posted by devian View Post
Hi, how did you managed to get it working?, mine keeps saying

I have it on TELCEL
maybe they tried the trick of adding one digit of the phone number on the country code, it was possible in previous versions which you can't do now with 0.2.4, Tarek Galal said that problem will be solved in next version

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tampico, México
Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
Dude, you are using WhatsApp the wrong way.

first, conversation log saved on the phone, not at the server...the server will push the message to your phone.
second, as above said, your WhatsApp ID saved in international number format, only and only that.
Third, your friend on WP cannot register your number on WhatsApp? Aren't he suppose to save your number in his contact book? hurrdurr

FORTH : Nokia 808?????

No man, I know how to save contacts on the Lumia, and I know how to use whatsapp. Just today, I was chatting with myself between my 808 and the N9 using the same number. I registered Wazapp with my number and then removed the simcard and registered on the 808. You cant normally register on two phones with same simcard, you will get kicked out of the first one when registering for second time.

My friends also could send messages either on the N9 or the 808, but not at the same time, they were different accounts (like different numbers)

Im guessing it has something to the with the 1 digit trick on previous versions.

And yea, I got a Nokia 808 Pureview awesome stuff!

No man, I know how to save contacts on the Lumia, and I know how to use whatsapp. Just today, I was chatting with myself between my 808 and the N9 using the same number. I registered Wazapp with my number and then removed the simcard and registered on the 808. You cant normally register on two phones with same simcard, you will get kicked out of the first one when registering for second time.

My friends also could send messages either on the N9 or the 808, but not at the same time, they were different accounts (like different numbers)

Im guessing it has something to the with the 1 digit trick on previous versions.

And yea, I got a Nokia 808 Pureview awesome stuff!
i see i see, some exploit then!

omfg nokia 808 its not even officially released yet..and you used it like normal phone already...damn!!

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tampico, México
Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
i see i see, some exploit then!

omfg nokia 808 its not even officially released yet..and you used it like normal phone already...damn!!
YES, looks like some kind of exploit-bug, the server banned me for 1440 minutes (fail:too:many), which is a full day, so Im still 14 hours left, until I can try it again.

Hope tgalal has noted this and prevents people from exploiting or failing in this bug. For me is annoying, but could be abused somehow (dont know how, yet)

Originally Posted by aboodesta View Post
Anyone else having a problem with wazapp losing connection permanently when changing between wifi and 3G and the only way to get it working again is to quit and open it again? It just shows ( connecting ) at the top and stays like that for a while, so Im forced to quit and re open.
Here too, happens when automatically switching from wi fi to any data be it 2g or 3g. It's always happened since the first version.

Have you sent a report to the dev?

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp