Notices

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Argentina
+another mini bug.
sometimes i get "app not responding", after disconnecting from wifi and going to 2g/3g. And msg keeps appearing until y reboot phone.

$ /opt/waxmppplugin/bin/wazapp/wazapp
/opt/waxmppplugin/bin/wazapp/utilities.py:1:
DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead wazapp 0.1.8
FOUND OBJ ~
$

This is what I get, and Whatsapp is not working. Any suggestions?

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by TRSJEEH View Post
Hey I got the advice that a friend should register my nr @ wazapp, however I dont have friend who can install the wazapp file.. So can anyone here register for me? my nr is +31630916589

I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me!

Thanks.
you can ask friend with whatsapp, and if you have no friends with whatsapp that you don't need it

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Originally Posted by Swhiss View Post
The new version (0.2.4) needs much power in standby (15-20mA more than in vers. 0.1.8)

Is this normal??
Is it because the every-3-minute-ping?
I can't say whether it is normal, but can confirm my average idle consumption increased ~20/25mA on 0.2.4

The Following User Says Thank You to jpfsn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nokiac View Post
Even I noted this change using battery usage app. And it seems to drain more current at night when I am not using it at all, though this is not a coorent statement to make as app activity also probably depends on how active your friends are and how often they "push" status changes etc to you.

I will do a more detailed current drain analysis to may be help TGalal identify areas/situations of high current drain and then he can probably find a way to optimize it.

EDIT: I noted a 30-40mA drain when using Wazapp on 3G. I will now try to compare this with only Google Talk logged in, as even Gtalk is XMPP based like Wazapp.
With Google talk , the current drain is same as Wazapp. Without anything logged in, just emails being checked every 15 minutes, I get idle cuurent drain of ~20mA on 3G , and its 30-40 on using Gtalk/Wazapp. So it seems there may not be much room for optimisation.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiac For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
you can ask friend with whatsapp, and if you have no friends with whatsapp that you don't need it
Ohh ok I didnt know that, i thought they needed to install wazapp for it to work. Thanks I will tekst them!

Hmmm, wazapp is closing itself (not running in background ). Any way i can check when and why?

Originally Posted by nokiac View Post
With Google talk , the current drain is same as Wazapp. Without anything logged in, just emails being checked every 15 minutes, I get idle cuurent drain of ~20mA on 3G , and its 30-40 on using Gtalk/Wazapp. So it seems there may not be much room for optimisation.
not for me, at least. i have 7 mail accounts (1 MfE push, 1 gmail push, 2 at 10 min, 3 twice a day, 1 twitter refresh at 30 min). with gTalk always on, i still get under 20 mA. since i installed inception+opptimizer, my battery was almost perfect.

i could install 0.1.8, but i had the sync-contacts problem. with 0.2.4 the problem was gone, but, as many others, the battery jumped up to about 40 mA from 20 mA as i said before.

i'm still more than happy. this is community.

cheers,
no_nuke

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to no_nuke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
@ZogG Ok a friend of mine just tried to register using my phone number, however the registration also failed on his mobile. He tried his own number and it seemed to be working fine.

I am somehow getting the impression that my number has been blocked by Whatsapp.. Do you think that is possible?

Anyway, I have sent an email to support@whatsapp.com to ask about it.

If anyone has ANY idea how to resolve this, please!

Cheers!

Originally Posted by TRSJEEH View Post
@ZogG Ok a friend of mine just tried to register using my phone number, however the registration also failed on his mobile. He tried his own number and it seemed to be working fine.

I am somehow getting the impression that my number has been blocked by Whatsapp.. Do you think that is possible?

Anyway, I have sent an email to support@whatsapp.com to ask about it.

If anyone has ANY idea how to resolve this, please!

Cheers!
There were people failing to register on their phone where they had to change country code and number to succeed. Eg — +123 5555 to +1235 555 or +12 35555

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp