Active Topics

Originally Posted by aShtk View Post
In low light conditions, to me iphone4 is superior.
In normal light, N9 take better pictures for sure.

I think we keep using iphone4 because it is more "reliable", even if the quality is not always the best of the two.
Same for videos indoor : we shot two videos at a rock concert, low light condition again, and we see more details on the iphone 4 video, and furthermore the sound is better (not saturated).

That does'nt really bother me anyway, when I bought an N9 I knew its camera was not that good, and I don't really need it.

Edit : for the color saturation, you get a point. But as far as it's not too surrealistic and you can watch some of your party/holiday pictures, I don't mind. One may bother, but anyway you don't use your phone as a main camera for your best pictures.
The phone is useful to capture some quick pictures for the moments you want to keep.
sample picture please, and i dont want something cme from engdget/gsmarena/yada2

since.u. have n9 n ur gf have the ultimate ip4, post.comparison.shot

and u chose ip4 over nikon dslr? u mst be color.blind...and i believe 'we' referring.to.dlusional ifags

That's unreal !
That is not because we are on a N9 forum that we MUST think this is the best photophone ever and lose our judgements !

N9 is not a good camera phone, that's it, and NO, not all the websites on Internet are anti Nokia and pro Apple, this is ridiculous !

I will try to post some sample pictures as soon as possible to illustrate why I say that.

PS
"We" refered to "me and my gf".

Reading this thread was really interesting, including some links to comparisons between the N9/N8/SGS2.

If I got this right, I believe this all boils down to the touch-only interface of the N9's camera. It is *hard* not to shake the phone a bit when taking a picture, and in low-light conditions, that may make blurry images.

So the N9 camera uses higher ISO for pics in low light, when compared to other cameras, in trade of faster shutter. But higher ISO do not produce colorfull detail...

So my understanding is that if you want beautiful details in worse-than-ideal light, the N9 camera is not your best bet.

On the other hand, with good light the pics are great.

I blame the (lack of) shutter button ;-)

I have to agree with the others that feel that the N9 is not up to par with other Nokia camera phones. That is why I still keep my N8.

The N9 has to be tweaked...ALOT to produce wonderful pictures. My N8 is literally point and shoot and 99% of the time the picture comes out great regardless of situation. My father's N82 IMO takes better pictures than the N9.

That being said the comparison between the N9 and N8 is not fair. The N8 has a larger sensor. The N9 is not terrible but it takes a fair bit of work to get the camera to the right settings in anything other than ideal situations.

I am completely agree with N9 current camera isn't the best here. I am too still keeping N8 for my best shot. However, N9's wide scope of landscape and point focus is the one made me use N9's camera more than N8.

AND, Iphone4s >> N9, but iPhone4 camera not any better than N9.

Originally Posted by aShtk View Post
In low light conditions, to me iphone4 is superior.
In normal light, N9 take better pictures for sure.

I think we keep using iphone4 because it is more "reliable", even if the quality is not always the best of the two.
Same for videos indoor : we shot two videos at a rock concert, low light condition again, and we see more details on the iphone 4 video, and furthermore the sound is better (not saturated).

That does'nt really bother me anyway, when I bought an N9 I knew its camera was not that good, and I don't really need it.

Edit : for the color saturation, you get a point. But as far as it's not too surrealistic and you can watch some of your party/holiday pictures, I don't mind. One may bother, but anyway you don't use your phone as a main camera for your best pictures.
The phone is useful to capture some quick pictures for the moments you want to keep.
Originally Posted by qorax View Post
Since 2010, when we upgraded to iP4, we have stopped carrying a separate camera anywhere, as of now our Nikon is carrying dust somewhere at home - we don't even know where. iP4 was that good, so what if it was 5MP... it gave us all the quality shots we needed. Most at par to our digicam if not better.

Come 2011, we avoid iP4S (why, it's another matter for discussion) and go for the N9 instead... and boy, did we make a wiser decision, u bet? I've not tasted the 4S myself but my N9 is a marvel, at everything for me, including it's shooting capabilities. What we had with the iP4 the N9 surpassed it leaps & bounds.

Yes, we aren't the best photographers in the world, but our N9 shoots wholesome pics, very accurate details, good color separation, great to look at. It not just serves the purpose (for us), but actually does a better job than most of our friend's camphones, including BB, iP4S and the Samsungs/HTCs galore. We don't know why/how, but we've compared them & they (our friends) concur.

To us, our N9 remains a pure joy. Besides, it's form factor gets the accolades whenever we flash it, in public. Yes, we do get the random, "oh, is it a Lumia" call lately, but when we say, "no, it's an N9, a much better phone & OS", they go, "wow"! I guess, that's more to us than it's imaging capabilities, though it indeed is a good shooter.

No wonder the N8 and 808-Pureview might do a better job, but what we have now, at hand, is good enough. Then, if we really needed to shoot professionally, we'd rather carry a DSLR, won't we? But since we don't need that, didn't as yet, our N9 suffices... And, as I said earlier, surpasses!

It's all in our minds... To us our Nokia-N9 rocks, we couldn't have asked for anything better!

Qorax
Girlfriend and boy friend here? how amusing

Originally Posted by caveman View Post
Reading this thread was really interesting, including some links to comparisons between the N9/N8/SGS2.

If I got this right, I believe this all boils down to the touch-only interface of the N9's camera. It is *hard* not to shake the phone a bit when taking a picture, and in low-light conditions, that may make blurry images.

So the N9 camera uses higher ISO for pics in low light, when compared to other cameras, in trade of faster shutter. But higher ISO do not produce colorfull detail...

So my understanding is that if you want beautiful details in worse-than-ideal light, the N9 camera is not your best bet.

On the other hand, with good light the pics are great.

I blame the (lack of) shutter button ;-)
Im liking touch-shutter N9 better than physical shutter N8, I can take steady shot on N9 better than N8.....maybe that is just me.

it all boils down to camera software itself. Lumia 800 took overall better picture than N9. N9 only wins in Macro shot...(source is somewhere around net recently, go google)

usually, people adapts to the camera, not camera adapts to you.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
anyone who says the lumia 800 is better than the n9 (the source you're talking about i'm pretty sure is mynokiablog.com's ali) needs to check their sight. for heaven's sake the 800 has been acknowledged and issued 2 updates for it to come to some parity with the n9....

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
anyone who says the lumia 800 is better than the n9 (the source you're talking about i'm pretty sure is mynokiablog.com's ali) needs to check their sight. for heaven's sake the 800 has been acknowledged and issued 2 updates for it to come to some parity with the n9....
The Lumia 800 has a higher mpbs of video capture, not much else. The rest the Lumia falls short every time, it also has the best email integration, but besides that, I think it's the most boring OS i've ever touched.

So much so that if I had to decide between iOS and WP, I'd go iOS.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Photos taken with the Lumia 800 (at least with mine, and a friend's which I tried) are really bad. They show an ugly red tinting and bright colors appear washed out.

The N9's camera is OK IMHO, but not exciting and slightly inferior to the N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
The Lumia 800 has a higher mpbs of video capture, not much else. The rest the Lumia falls short every time, it also has the best email integration, but besides that, I think it's the most boring OS i've ever touched.

So much so that if I had to decide between iOS and WP, I'd go iOS.
Sorry, offtopic a bit but WP has the best email integration? Maybe it has some good points but it still lacks basic email functionality like photos embedded in emails will not be displayed and you can't attach any file to email other than a photo and only one photo per email.