Notices

Just posted this in the ProfileMatic thread too. Posting here if tgalal knows whats happening.

I dont know if this is a profilematic bug. I have a rule which activates at 9.00 am and in the custom actions, I have put in the path to the "Wazapp" whatsapp client which was recently released.

When I clicked "test" , it launched wazapp application correctly , but I noticed that in the chats, the virtual keyboard does not come up if I click in the text input area. On the other hand, if I launch wazapp from the terminal using the same command as I input in Profilematic custom action, the keyboard comes up fine in the chat. !

Please let me know if you need any more help in debugging this one. Thanks for your great app.
Ok, I was able to solve this issue by creating a script in /home/user/bin
which looks like:

#!/bin/sh
QT_IM_MODULE=MInputContext export QT_IM_MODULE
/opt/waxmppplugin/bin/wazapp/wazapp
Then, using this script as custom action, the keyboard came up correctly in chats in Wazapp . Hope this info helps for anyone trying to script wazapp using Profilematic.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nokiac For This Useful Post:
Ok so i think im lost or behind... but whats going on? are there like 7 different versions now? did the official wazapp stop? which one do I get? sorry but this is kinda confusing...

Can anyone explain the idea, why there is a need for another proprietary instant messaging platform, when there is open XMPP out there?

XMPP is made for interoperability. Proprieatry IMs are walled gardens, which is the dark age of computing. The same story was with e-mail in time of Compuserve and early AOL, when users simply couldn't even exchange e-mail messages between different providers. Luckily e-mail managed to break those walls and now no one even dreams that you can't send a message to user from a different e-mail provider.

XMPP (former Jabber) was intended to solve this issue for instant messaging. So it's really surprising that proprietary and non interoperable IM networks pop out here and there in this day and age.

Last edited by shmerl; 2012-05-25 at 21:17.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Can anyone explain the idea, why there is a need for another proprietary instant messaging platform, when there is open XMPP out there?

XMPP is made for interoperability. Proprieatry IMs are walled gardens, which is the dark age of computing. The same story was with e-mail in time of Compuserve and early AOL, when users simply couldn't even exchange e-mail messages between different providers. Luckily e-mail managed to break those walls and now no one even dreams that you can't send a message to user from a different e-mail provider.

XMPP (former Jabber) was intended to solve this issue for instant messaging. So it's really surprising that proprietary and non interoperable IM networks pop out here and there in this day and age.
Because no one force you to use it. Simple like that.
I for example wonder why is there Windows and why people not only use it, but pay for it.

But just so we wouldn't start off-topic you can ask those question in Old wazapp threads, as here we try to concentrate on development, bugs and improvements.

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by tgalal View Post
[*]Connecting to internet is now automatic if there are networks configured for auto connect, even in PSM. Otherwise the connection dialog will popup on every ping.
What does this mean? You are forcing a internet connection even in Power Saving Mode (or whatever PSM stands for)? Sorry but I strongly disagree with this decision, PSM are meant to be battery-friendly, and shuting down any connection is one of the main point because of the big battery drain. I usually enter in PSM when i'm going to bed, and because of this it will be no difference between PSM on & off. Please please reconsider this, or at least add an option to deactive this behaviour. Thanks.

PD: 1000th post

Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
So are the Updates released through him to verify that the changes are legit?
Yeah obviously its his package, he will release and check any additions before allowing an update to come out.

BUT anybody can view the source code now, so help can be given where TGalal may be too busy to focus on ect.

ie. The smaller usability bugs that may occurr can be worked on by somebody else, whereas the main ones can be worked on by TGalal, but in the end he still has to release the package and the auto-update feature on Wazapp is linked to TGalal and TGalal only.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Catscratch View Post
Ok, because the mail adress didn't work...I try it in the forum.

Hi Tarek,

first of all. Nice project! :-)

I'm one of a developer from a Bada developer group from Badanation.com. We're developing Bada apps.

Now the WazApp seems very interessing. At least, because it's written in C++ as well as Bada applications. So we're thinking about a Bada portation, if you would give your OK for it. Maybe you're interested in this project, too? So you could help at the portation.

But another question. Didn't you get any trouble with WhatsApp? Because you're using there not opened protocoll?

Best regards,
Cat
Wazapp is written in Python, not C++

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

Originally Posted by super-hero View Post
Ok so i think im lost or behind... but whats going on? are there like 7 different versions now? did the official wazapp stop? which one do I get? sorry but this is kinda confusing...
What is confusing?

There is only ONE Wazapp, not multiple, just the one from TGalal that available in the link on the very first post.

Any screenshots you see are simply UI modifications done by other members by altering the styling files within the application directory.

My Contributions

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
What does this mean? You are forcing a internet connection even in Power Saving Mode (or whatever PSM stands for)? Sorry but I strongly disagree with this decision, PSM are meant to be battery-friendly, and shuting down any connection is one of the main point because of the big battery drain. I usually enter in PSM when i'm going to bed, and because of this it will be no difference between PSM on & off. Please please reconsider this, or at least add an option to deactive this behaviour. Thanks.

PD: 1000th post
Errrr. Quit wazapp?

You aren't going to be using your phone while your sleeping, so just Quit wazapp

The reason behind is so that if you want to have Wazapp open, it will stay open without interference from power saving mode. If you want all your data turned off for PSM then quit the program.

My Contributions

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2012 @ Hong Kong
No one can tell me wazapp N900 Are there any production, I would like to know that work there, I've been waiting a long time, I would rarely use statistics to wait until when.

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp