Posts: 27 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Cleveland
There is also a Bluetooth keyboard pairing bug that needs to be addressed. Bugzilla Bug 2640.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ somewhere in the far south
Originally Posted by adammelancon View Post
This is quite high on my list to. The keyboard just feels "off" a bit to me.
With this latest update on my N800, I almost dread when I have to type something with the on screen keyboard.
Yees, I forgott thhat

Ditto everything akd said, plus:

-Adjust touchscreen sensitivity to more closely match OS2007 or, better yet, add a control panel widget so users can do it themselves.

Of course, funny thing is, the last few OS2007 versions HAD a touchscreen sensitivity slider, but it was apparently taken out of Chinook. My thumbs are apparently incapable of clicking on a link without the newly-too-sensitive touchscreen thinking I dragged instead.

Well, the SD corruption bug happens on perfectly good SDs.. like the internal (non-removeable!) memory card Nokia bundled with the N810. Mine did a write error when writing out a backup, which was rather catastrophic, and a quick search of the forum shows that it happened to quite a few people. All with brand-new N810s. In all cases, once you manage to reformat the offending card (after fsck-ing and getting as much data out as possible), the hardware is perfectly fine.

I agree! I got my N800 today and it worked fine on the Internet through my wireless WEP connection. Then, I upgraded the Firmware to 2008 and I could never get it connected to the Internet or my wireless WEP connection again (though I reinstalled 2008 a couple of times and tried the suggestions on what to do here). What a pain! Fortunately, from this Forum I learned how to roll back to 2007 and now I am happily on the Internet again. I wonder how many N800's are returned as unusable after these upgrades by people who do not know about this Forum? I am disappointed in Nokia for sure! An firmware upgrade might be cheaper for Nokia than a bunch of returned bricks and dissatisfied customers!

I'm surprised many of you haven't mentioned trying to scroll with the micro-b browser, the very annoying highlighting bug instead of dragging/scrolling. That is unless there is a fix for this that I would like to know about...

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ somewhere in the far south
Originally Posted by wizink View Post
I'm surprised many of you haven't mentioned trying to scroll with the micro-b browser, the very annoying highlighting bug instead of dragging/scrolling. That is unless there is a fix for this that I would like to know about...
Yes, you're right,.microb itself has a lot to be improved, and so far it's our only option..sadly.

Originally Posted by akd View Post
Yes, you're right,.microb itself has a lot to be improved, and so far it's our only option..sadly.
It's not our only option, thier some talented folks working on Firefox for OS2008 it partially working already
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ight=minefield

Originally Posted by akd View Post
It's not the only option, but for many it's probably the best.

My favorite browser on the tablet is links with graphics support (http://links.twibright.com/features.php)

There's also WebKit based browsers (such as midori) that may render certain websites better than MicroB, but have their own drawbacks.

I generally start with links first, then try in MicroB or midori if links has problems.

Don't get me wrong, but at this stage, they don't represents real options to microb imho.