Poll: What do you think about it?
Poll Options
What do you think about it?

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Fortaleza @ Brazil
I already thought in something like your idea and i already created a similar software but developing alone with a lot of tests in the college, it's difficulty to return to develop again.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...t=MaemoControl

Now i think that N9 and N900 are so seamless that it's possible to develop a software for N900 and run it in N9 since the software be written in PHP, CGI or other server-side language.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
It's a good idea. I think it'd would be awesome using this one on N9. Something like AirDroid, check it out. I tried MaemoControl a couple of months ago on my N900 and it's on the right way. You should join forces to save time. Thanks and good luck.
Nokia 2160 > Nokia 5120 > Nokia 3595 > Nokia 3600 > Nokia 7710 > Nokia N95/N800 > Nokia N900 > Nokia N9 > LG Nexus 5 (Multirom: Sailfish/Cyanogenmod/MIUI) > Sony Xperia Z2 (MIUI) > Sony Xperia X (SailfishX)...but N900 still rockin'!!!

I am using now the Nitdroid and now i finally got a stable version and it's possible to create a software that runs in all mobile linux distros.

In the first version of MaemoControl, i already used CGI requisitions to get system values like "free memory, get contact lists" and was really easy to do but now i will develop in PHP to have a better programing (object oriented) and it's possible to detect which is the operating system and we can build a software with few changes: developing for Maemo 5, Meego Tablet, Meego for N9 and Android. In low level, these systems have common things.

A software for Maemo 5 and Meego it's very interesting but this operating system have so... "geek appeal" and it's not a system for the masses, thinking about this, i choosed Maemo for every day and was a exceptional choose because all users here wants something more than "just use". Everybody thinks like "this runs, but let's know more about this tool, this app, let's study and help to improve something here in community".

Just try to run the command "free" in Maemo 5, Meego and Android. You will see something like...

total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 1924940 1536364 388576 0 39088 464612
-/ buffers/cache: 1032664 892276
Swap: 1951740 303648 1648092

I am not a professional programmer. I am only a computer science student and i would like to test these possibilities and we need to join efforts to do something better for tomorrow

is it similar with samsung kies that work over same wifi network?
if yes, that would be useful when there is trouble with the nokia suit

(sorry for my english)

Somebody here that knows a little bit about PHP wants to help me to develop a solution for the Nokia N9?

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
I'm not sure if your plans would include sms, but i am still very interested in something like this http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83097

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Hi all,

I have already started to implement this in C++ and wrote a lightweight HTTP server implementation with Qt and use QtMobility for fetching data from address book and gallery.
So, I think its a bit late to join efforts because we went a bit different ways...
Please understand me correctly, I respect your efforts and MaemoControl. It's a cool piece of software with great possibilities. But merging efforts would mean me to drop all what I have already done and start to work in completely another way.

jpfsn,
sure it would be cool. Long ago I've already implemented super-primitive SMS sender via web-interface for N900. And of course I'm planning to include this feature in current project.