Posts: 29 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Denmark
HELP NEEDED!

all of the sudden my N9 acted crazy today. freedez and lost all signal.. when rebooting it wrote something like "something is wrong with your sim-card"... however my simcard worked fine in my N8. I tried flashin, but the signalproblem is still there... when restarting an errormessage shows: """"There was an error. Can not connect to the network. Please contact a Nokia Care service shop"""..

Any suggestions?

PLEASE HELP!!

The Following User Says Thank You to gaggar For This Useful Post:
I haven't had THIS particular problem, but ever since I upgraded to PR1.3, it seems that my cell phone signal will just go away and never come back until I do a reboot.

Anyone else have this issue? I even tried pulling out the SIM (which then said I had no SIM, as expected) then put it back in, which it then detected the SIM, but I still had no signal. Reboot, and full bars.

Granted I usually get crappy signal in the basement (but that's why I got the Cell-Fi booster), but it usually would go on and off and I'd rarely, if ever completely lose all signal. But now, even from work, I had no signal, go outside, and still no signal. Finally get home and reboot my phone, and signal again!

If it weren't for this, I'd pretty much have 100% uptime.

Any suggestions?

slaapliedje

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
I have had periods of 3 hours where my phone suddenly has no signal! its very weird! once at work where signal is low and once at home where signal is ok! not sure if its a loose connection or just the phone having a moment!

In my experience nothing brings it back! it just comes back on its own! tried turning off and on, tried pulling the sim etc!

its ok at the moment but not impressed! my N900 never did this! but in all fairness Iam on Voda! and they are pretty useless!

I'm having the same problem as described by slaapliedje and Grazy.
All of a sudden my N9 started to loose the signal. And no matter what I do, it keeps telling me, that there is no signal or no sim card or a problem with the sim card.
I reboot, I take the sim out and back in again, I enter my pin code a thousand times, and then maybe it comes back to life. Or I just do nothing and after an hour it is back on its own.
it's very strange and very annoying. now I ordered a new sim card. hope this will fix it.
but when I'm reading the comments here, my hopes are low. because actually I think this started after I installed PR1.3. never had the problem before that.....
I will report back, if the new sim card will do the trick.
Anyone with another advice / experiences?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
are your'll using cut-out sims instead of micro-sims...maybe this could be the issue...also from my experience micro-sims have a higher rate of failure compared to regular sims...not scientifically proven but just my p.o.v from seeing people around me with similar issues...

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Try this:

- Power off your phone.
- Wrap a cigarette paper around your SIM card top-to-bottom and cut the side edges to fit the SIM.
- Add a couple of drops of Isopropyl alcohol to the paper and insert -> remove -> reinsert SIM several times

This may help by cleaning the internal SIM contacts within your phone.

My N9 lost signal became so frequent lately

need a Guest House for temporary stay at Malaysia?
PM me

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
This is caused by the firmware variant.

I have tested this out...

Where is your firmware from?

This will answer a lot of questions...

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
I have the same problem... Firmware variant is 059J200, austrian black 16gb. Problems started a week after clean reflash with pr1.3

ok everyone, as promised I 'm reporting back now. I got my new SIM card, and what can I say..... it totally fixed the problem for me!
and on top of that, my signal at home is clearly better now. i don't know how that is even possible, but I don't really mind

never should have doubted the allmighty N9