Active Topics

Just upgrade to 2008 os for my N800. Every thing is fine, except the my SIP. I used "voipdiscount" to make internet call from N800 in OS2007 through SIP account. However, after upgrate to os2008, I cannot use my SIP. It displays "unable estabish connection" when i make a internet call. I am quite sure the setting is the same as before i did in os2007. Can any one explain it ?

PS: www.voipdiscount.com is the cheapest rate I find to call back to my country. not sure for other countries. click "sip" in that site, the setting things can be found.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hongwei For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
While I do not have solution for your problem, I want to thank you about mentioning this SIP provider. This service really looks interesting... I have been using Gizmoproject, and while they are not expensive... they are not as cheap as voipdiscount. Especially when they offer 300 minutes free calls per week for many countries!

I have to give this a try... Thanks for the tip!

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
there is a workaround:

Quote:
Good chances are that you can make voip[catchyword].com work by disabling the
iLBC codec. Here's how to do it in the on-screen terminal or an SSH shell (the
red pill mode might be helpful here).

1. sudo gainroot
2. cd /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10
3. mv libgstdspilbc.so libgstdspilpbc.so.off
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1699

hope it helps.

Hi, I try to rename the file by follow these steps, however, it displays "Permission denied". I have actived red pill mode. can any body help. thx.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ San Cayetano, Spain
Hi!

Red Pill Mode has nothing to do with it. Install packet becomeroot. Then start xterm. Type in "sudo gainroot".
NOW you are in ROOT MODE.

Try now the workaround, you are now root and have the permission to do it.

Regards,

Rafael

The Following User Says Thank You to rafaelwv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
When you finish type 'exit' in the xterm and exit red pill by choosing the blue pill mode.

good luck.

Thank you very much. It worked very good. Actually, I did not access to the red pill mode. I can do the normal internet call again. Thanks a lot.