Active Topics

Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza
Camera state "test" . I tried only two or three shoots. You can try it and tell us how is the faster and the well it.

I erase all files in my n900 , and flashed again nitdroid.

first 2.3.4
second 2.3.7

and camera is working without nothing more.

Last edited by samipower; 2012-06-06 at 12:02.

help pleas
i tried all flashess ,sory 4 my english ,
all telephone msg error hits up when i installed nitdroid also password lock key wont remove and i keeep flashing and the password dos not delete when i flash ?? also in maemo flasher it erease CMT ,but writeing fails ? i use windows 7 32 bit . and there is one thing tells me my phone is k ,before the telephone yellow error hits up so i can hear my computer speaker there is a signal from my n900(zzzzzz) but cant accept ;( .
i searched on all posts and used the board cut number so wt ells

I am spanish , but your english is horrible, please you must be to use google traductor.

first :

your n900 has a security code

second :

you can not flash your n900

The other I do not know /understand .

Use windows xp , maemo.wiki maemo flasher and web page nokia.dev.tablets

or nokia suite and update your firmware .

For delete/change your security code is possible I did it in my n900.

but are steps and steps and steps ........

Updating 2.3.4 to 4.0.3

ERROR with setup wizard

updating 2.3.7 to 4.0.3

working but very slow not swap enable.
not 3d hw.
not camera.

for tests only.

good work sami , i also still reflashing and i didnt try your project yet just when i get my serialnumber back so i will try .
now i reflash my n900 , the lockscreen password did not remove, it also ask me for it when i go to setting and clear device option . other reflash with vanilla for emmc but didnt remove password and didnt change any thing on my device . Can i use maemo flasher on windows 8 powershell ? if yes so how

Last edited by zozeta2; 2012-06-07 at 02:10.

can u please take a look at those 2 android .bar files .
extract them from pc and see if maybe filebox can let them work without rebooting .!? i tryed but didnt get nothing. http://www.mediafire.com/?x99rphy37d7aq55

Last edited by zozeta2; 2012-06-07 at 06:02.

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
to skip the setup wizard just do this - http://blog.empirion.co.uk/android/i...d-has-stopped/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vakkov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Berkeley, CA
There is no way I can read 458 pages of this thread to get this thing working. I guess one has to shoot the question and hope to get targeted answer. So here goes:

I only need to Android to run one application, Looxcie cam. I have just flashed my N900 and followed the wiki Method 1 in two steps:
1. Download the NITDroid Autoinstaller to ./MyDocs i.e. root directory of N900 and install it:
2. Run the NITDroid installer app from your programs list.

Right there is my first question. Step one says "...and install it"
Does that mean other than copying the file to /MyDocs you do something else before running the installer in step 2?

I just copied to MyDocs and ran the installer. It went through and said all good and should work, press any key to reboot. I clicked enter the installer closed but no reboot even after long wait. So I manually switched off. I turned N900 back on with keyboard out hoping to boot in Android, but there was no difference and no boot choice. I don't even know what I expect to see if booted correctly. And when there, how to grab and install LooxcieCam.

Can someone please help a total noob get this droid Looxcie camera app on N900?

Last edited by asasan; 2012-06-08 at 06:32.

Some of the links in this thread are dead/link to old updates which is rather confusing.

Best bet it to download the file from the first post, install that.

It should take a while to download files in Xterminal, so if it installs real quick, it hasn't downloaded the files from the Internet, which is the trouble I had 3 or so times.

I also had trouble trying to install using the installer available in the application manager.

Be sure to remove your SD card.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Berkeley, CA
I used the same download NITDroid-Installer_0.2.8-8.deb and the installer did take a while to complete. I just can boot up with android when turning it on with keyboard out.

I thought on a newly flashed unit with lots of room.this installation method should be fine. Is there another method of installation without partitioning

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid