Notices

Closed Thread
@Scorpius: I would like to ask you something... is yappari written in java?! I would like to help you... maybe for the program, maybe for the forum... anything. It would be great!
ps: thank you for Yappari!

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Ok here's a mostly bug fixes update, Yappari 0.0.10.

Changelog:

* Fixed several crashes.
* 100% native Maemo notifications that don't use a weird sound server (no high CPU) . LED notifications.
* No, I can't do anything about the 100% native Maemo notification icon, it's just like that and we can't change it. That's broken Maemo for you.
* Fixed registration problem where people was typing their numbers wrong but Whatsapp servers were smart enough to correct them. Yappari was ignoring these corrections. Now they have priority.
* Moved log to /home/user/.config/scorpius/yappari.log to avoid USB issues.
* Network changes from one network to another are detected but Maemo insists in showing us the dialog again. If you cancel the dialog you'll see Yappari have switched without any problem.
* Date & time uses user regional settings now. You can see the seconds now also.
* If you receive a message from a contact you don't have you see the name he registerd and not his number.
* Delayed messages now show the correct timestamp.

And.... (drum roll) here's some new features for the loyal Yappari users & fans:

* Basic group support (yeah you've heard it right)
* Online/Offline/last seen/typing indicators.

http://uppit.com/7yw9d250sc1h/yappari_0.0.10_armel.deb

I'll be updating the first post as well.

Originally Posted by klarkent View Post
@Scorpius: I would like to ask you something... is yappari written in java?! I would like to help you... maybe for the program, maybe for the forum... anything. It would be great!
ps: thank you for Yappari!
No. That's exactly what I didn't want. Wazapp is python (pseudo-compiled) and Java port is Java (pseudo-compiled in a VM ~ worse ).

Yappari is 100% native. The main applications is written in Qt (C++). The status menu applet is written in GLIB (C).

A normal VM running in a phone would drain the battery. Android uses Dalvik which is a heavy modified Java VM to be used in phones, it's different.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-06-07 at 02:19.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
wow...thanks agaiin man

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Delhi, India
updated to new version 0.0.10...no problems in install or first runs till now

one question though - how does one start a group chat in 0.0.10 ? or is it only meant to recieve group chats for now?

Originally Posted by aman18narang View Post
updated to new version 0.0.10...no problems in install or first runs till now

one question though - how does one start a group chat in 0.0.10 ? or is it only meant to recieve group chats for now?
Only meant to receive group chats for now. Creation of groups will be implemented eventually.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Name:  Screenshot-20120607-082417.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  21.5 KB

Name:  Screenshot-20120607-082514.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  22.6 KB

nicw working ..

look this scrinshot when some one send me imoicon only box showing and if when i close chat box and again when i open chat conversation auto delet is it possibel to save chat msg..

Last edited by naru; 2012-06-07 at 03:08.

naru you have to be patient. Rendering smileys correctly is hard. Chat history is a big problem in a cell phone, where the most important value is the battery life. You'll get what you want, but you have to be really patient.

It's amazing you can read your own text in that theme. I thought you were sending empty lines until I barely and somehow made out the text.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
naru you have to be patient. Rendering smileys correctly is hard. Chat history is a big problem in a cell phone, where the most important value is the battery life. You'll get what you want, but you have to be really patient.

It's amazing you can read your own text in that theme. I thought you were sending empty lines until I barely and somehow made out the text.
ya you are right i cant read my text proparly becuz black backround i know this is my them issue i am not facing in sms but i can eassyly right also so i am not thinking about it when u launch conversation ui we will use...
i like conversation thems

Last edited by naru; 2012-06-07 at 03:31.

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
@Scorpius: May I suggest that in the interim, when we "Create Chat" you display the user's name and number instead of just the name alone so that we can send messages to the right number.

At least until you implement the contacts sync

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajack For This Useful Post:
Name:  LandscapeModeTestWithLeftAlignment.jpg
Views: 2297
Size:  23.2 KB

scropius just think blue green bubels ... it will look more bettor becuz your icon is blue so blue green background is so nice for yappari

try this background and bubels if you like

Last edited by naru; 2012-06-07 at 03:52.

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp