Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by RDilus View Post
just donated 5 dollars thank for the notifications adding!
i really love it alot enjoy the little gift
Thanks! I just got the email confirmation!

The LED works like a IM/SMS yes. I just tried it and it works, actually it's part of the notification, so if you receive the notification your LED will flash.

Lock the screen of your phone and wait for somebody to message you. You'll see it.

Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
You are awesome!. What a fast programing! Thank you very much (again).

A question. Some time ago I heared that in original client you can decide to receive or not the messages of a group by changing an option for that group in your client, so for example you can deactivate it when you are occupied or sleeping or...

Is it already possible?
I didn't know that option exists, I have to check my Android client. Since right now Yappari has a very basic support (you can't even leave the group) I guess you can't avoid the messages.

Next release we should expect more groups support (creating, leaving, changing subject, seeing participants). Also a better and faster rendering of the chat window. Maybe chat history and avatars for the contacts. We'll see...

The bad thing is that I have a job (haha) so I can only dedicate time to Yappari some nights between monday and thursday. On weekends I'm practically abducted by the wife, so I can't create a single line of code on weekends.

I'd go faster believe me I have a lot of more fun coding this than going to work, but that's life.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-06-07 at 07:24.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Owerri, Nigeria
thanks alot scorpius..

The Following User Says Thank You to desolar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
What's the output of the following command:

Code:
dpkg -s libqtm-contacts libqtm-11-contacts libqtm-12-contacts | grep Version
Example:
Code:
root:/root# dpkg -s libqtm-contacts libqtm-11-contacts libqtm-12-contacts | grep Version
Version: 1:1.0.2-maemo4+0m5+0cssu1
Version: 1:1.1.4-0fn~fremantle1
Version: 1:1.2.0-0fn~fremantle3
Also, which version of Maemo do you have? 21.2011.38-1? Do you have CSSU? This is very weird.

A std::bad_alloc at that point might mean you have thousand of contacts and Yappari can't load them...
I had a similar problem in my Waze qt port http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=213 - I still don't know what caused it, but I don't think it is too much contacts

I only checked this theared after noticing that a lot of my contacts are missing from the contact list, and so I found this reply.

People getting Segmentation Fault or std::bad_alloc when opening contacts (starting Yappari) have their address book corrupted (same for the people with Waze crashing when selecting contacts). They should export the contacts, go to Contacts -> Settings -> Delete all contacts from device, and re-import them, or maybe, import them one by one until you find the offender contact.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Scorpius,

First of all, thanks for your effort in making this happen. Now there's another reason for me to hold on to my N900.

Anyway, I'd just like to report the following two things:

1) Yappari doesn't work with mscim (triggered via ctrl-space) yet so I can't input chinese characters directly. I'm copy-and-pasting for now if I want to input chinese, and there's no problem showing the characters on both ends.

2) If I type something in the conversation and decide to switch windows, the (usually incomplete) conversation get sent automatically.

That's all for now. I'll keep reporting usage behaviours if it helps.

Cheers!

The Following User Says Thank You to nokix For This Useful Post:
People getting Segmentation Fault or std::bad_alloc when opening contacts (starting Yappari) have their address book corrupted (same for the people with Waze crashing when selecting contacts). They should export the contacts, go to Contacts -> Settings -> Delete all contacts from device, and re-import them, or maybe, import them one by one until you find the offender contact.
I have started digging why I can only see some of my contacts and not all... If I'll find something - I'll post, if it is already known issue, ignore this post

Originally Posted by nokix View Post
Scorpius,

First of all, thanks for your effort in making this happen. Now there's another reason for me to hold on to my N900.

Anyway, I'd just like to report the following two things:

1) Yappari doesn't work with mscim (triggered via ctrl-space) yet so I can't input chinese characters directly. I'm copy-and-pasting for now if I want to input chinese, and there's no problem showing the characters on both ends.

2) If I type something in the conversation and decide to switch windows, the (usually incomplete) conversation get sent automatically.

That's all for now. I'll keep reporting usage behaviours if it helps.

Cheers!
Interesting bugs. Weirdest is definitely #2, never noticed it, and it definitely happens. For #1 I think I have an idea to solve it. I'll try to get them fixed both for the next release. Thank you!

Originally Posted by damagedspline View Post
I have started digging why I can only see some of my contacts and not all... If I'll find something - I'll post, if it is already known issue, ignore this post
Only contacts with numbers in international format appear in Yappari (numbers that start with a + sign).

Only contacts with numbers in international format appear in Yappari (numbers that start with a + sign).
Can you please add to the next release a check that if a number does not start with an international prefix, assume/append current country code?

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Now if you're telling me that you had the user in your address book before starting Yappari, and you saw him changing his name, that shouldn't happen...
Yeah I had the user in my adressbook as the name Wouter. Then suddenly when I unlocked my screen again his name was different.

Originally Posted by RDilus View Post
just donated 5 dollars thank for the notifications adding!
i really love it alot enjoy the little gift
How?

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Netherlands
Open the app, click on 'yappari' at the top and then on 'donate'.

N900

The Following User Says Thank You to youriehv For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp