Posts: 22 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by danx View Post
i just updated and it works great , but i got out of my car and i got a call and carkit picked up again so i had to turn it off so i can talk normaly, this a pain because i don't live in my car to have the carkit answer all my calls automaticly, so having this will be a hassel . i don't think it should answer every call like this , thats why you should have a car mode or a widget to tell the phone that your in a car and that way it would answer all calls . just food for thought .
Tonight I will start making a settings form, where you can enable some options. This will be one of them!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Roeland For This Useful Post:
I tried the 0.4 version and found a little issue:

1. Start mediaplayer and play some music
2. Turn on fm-carkit which start the fm tuner as well. The music is now played on the radio
3. On N900 make a phone call. The call works fine and the audio is indeed through the radio. So far so good.
3. End the call. The music immediately starts playing through the radio but lasts for only 2 seconds. After that the N900 starts playing the music through its internal speaker at a low volume. The fm transmitter is still 'on' but is sending only silence.
4. After about 15 seconds, the Fm transmitter suddenly stops working -> Mediaplayer's audio through the internal speakers suddenly goes to a high volume > Fm transmission restarts and radio starts the playing the audio again.

Keep the good work going!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rajil.s For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ lisbon, portugal
was reading this thread thinking that was a different app , but it seem to be the same (fmcarkit).

I had already thanked in the "other thread where also left a question
on this post.
would this be possible?

thanks once more.

The Following User Says Thank You to trlopes1974 For This Useful Post:
Is Roeland still here?? I thought you're doing an update?

The Following User Says Thank You to romanianusa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
very usefull app since as of today its illegal to use your cell while driving in my country but one thing would make it even much easy to use is if it can be a widget on the desktop....???

The Following User Says Thank You to cuffy1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
i still hope one of the great devs will work on fm-carkit. nowadays it seems to make problems in combination with the n900 media player or OMP

btw when i use this, and i monitor the swap, i notice it consumes a huge amount of swap space. what's going on? as a result it sometimes slows the phone down to a crawl.

difficult for folks to pick it up. the package has a .o file that has no source code iirc.