Notices

Hi! I'm just reporting a bug/error here since all the emails I sent "tarek@wazapp.im" were rejected.

I have just installed this app and it does not launch. I click on it, an initializing screen opens and then it closes after a few seconds.

The last lines of the output of "/opt/waxmppplugin/bin/wazapp/wazapp" are:

"...
loaded messeges
com.tgalal.meego.MNotificationManager.wazappnotify
MApplicationService: registerService() registering failed
MApplicationService: Calling launch() in other application with service: "com.nokia.wazapp"
..."

I tried deleting my account, but this keeps happening.

I hope this can help improve this app and thank you very much.

PS: I had previously installed Wazapp 0.1.8. I uninstalled it before instaling this new version because I had the same problem.

Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
We are just patient. You can follow github if you want to see the latest commits and comments. But please don't spam it!
Please suggest how can i try the latest commits by downloading the files from github

When will the new version be out?

The Following User Says Thank You to venturi For This Useful Post:
since the new version will probably include some new features, there's no point in asking when it will be released.

Just be patient, one just doesn't keep waiting for new updates to come one after another when it comes to apps and software in general.

Last edited by edgar2; 2012-06-10 at 07:15. Reason: cleaning thread noise

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to faku1810 For This Useful Post:
Ok, I have a question regarding Whatsapp and Wazapp. I keep alternating between Symbian N8 and my N9. I started using whatsapp recently.

I initially used Wazapp on N9 for some time , and since last one week I am on my N8 using Whatsapp(same sim card). Now, if I switch back to N9, do I have to setup the account again ? And if yes , how frequently can I switch between phones before Whatsapp servers block my account or do something funny !!?!

Originally Posted by nokiac View Post
Ok, I have a question regarding Whatsapp and Wazapp. I keep alternating between Symbian N8 and my N9. I started using whatsapp recently.

I initially used Wazapp on N9 for some time , and since last one week I am on my N8 using Whatsapp(same sim card). Now, if I switch back to N9, do I have to setup the account again ? And if yes , how frequently can I switch between phones before Whatsapp servers block my account or do something funny !!?!
Well, I could not wait, and switched over to my N9 to find out and Wazapp instructed to delete account and add it again, which I did and everything went smooth with the SMS registration.

Now the only question which remains is, how often/frequently you can switch and register by SMS . To quote my experience, I had first registered on May 18th on N9, then switched to N8 on May 29, and today on June 9 switched back to N9 . That makes it 3 times within a month . Has anyone tried more frequent than this ?

I am still repeatedly recieving the crash from Wazapp, mostly from switching between WiFi and 3G but also just completely random, always the same Socket Read Error and then Bad Sector and then crash.

I have tried CepiPerez's little code tweak and I still receive this error. hopefully this is being worked on for a future release. Its not major, just a little bit annoying, so I am running from the console now as at least that way I have a visible way to see if its crashed or not.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Last edited by edgar2; 2012-06-10 at 07:20. Reason: cleaning thread noise

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nokiac View Post
Now the only question which remains is, how often/frequently you can switch and register by SMS . To quote my experience, I had first registered on May 18th on N9, then switched to N8 on May 29, and today on June 9 switched back to N9 . That makes it 3 times within a month . Has anyone tried more frequent than this ?
Not sure if there's a limited period to switch between phones, or if it's about number of times done. Since whatsapp.inc has no interest in users using whatsapp in many different devices with same sim card.

The more logic choice (from my personal point of view) is to just stick to one phone for whatsapp use, which could be the one without the sim card, since whatsapp doesn't need it for it to work after you've registered. At least, not in android (I've tested this behaviour with a Samsung Galaxy I9003 and using Bluestack to emulate android system on my computer)

Edit: just to be sure i make myself clear.. Whatsapp takes into account the device IMEI during login and not the sim card presence. And as it can use wifi to send and receive messages, sim card is actually not needed for anything but receiving the sms during register (and 3g, if you really need it), so after you've done that, you can take it and place in another phone WITHOUT trying to login into whatsapp in that new phone.

Last edited by edgar2; 2012-06-10 at 07:20. Reason: cleaning thread noise

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faku1810 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 41 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Beirut , LEBANON
hello there..question for cepieperez..u were working on multimedia receiving...ur stil workin on it or u moved to sending also?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MHD.KURDY-Lebanon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2012 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Hello, people!

I was talking to a friend that has Whatsapp on her phone and today she asked why I am aways "Online" on Wazapp. I saw Whatsapp on her phone and it's true. I am the only friend of her aways online. Does it means that with Wazapp we are aways sending and receiving data over 3g (or wifi) while their Whatsapp waits for a push for checking for new messages? Is that the reason why we've got such a big current consumption?

Thank you all. Good job with Wazapp!

The Following User Says Thank You to Brudhu For This Useful Post:

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp