Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by herpderp View Post
Hold on! Everyone, notify all Nokia employees that late88 is satisfied with the N9, so no new features are needed ever. They can stop working on any feature additions.

I bet they'll be relieved by the news.
Heh, what news, didn't you know that feature freeze was on PR1.1, and all the following PR releases are only bugfixes. So they stopped working on new features already over 6 months ago... Maybe you missed the news that MeeGo is dead? *sarcasm *
... Or maybe you will go nuts if there is ever PR release coming, and it would be full of new features that you have always dreamed in your wildest dreams... Maybe Siri knows the answer.

PS. my wishlist:
- All capa develsh
- All closed sources released for CSSU
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-06-12 at 13:10.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 197 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by herpderp View Post
Hold on! Everyone, notify all Nokia employees that late88 is satisfied with the N9, so no new features are needed ever. They can stop working on any feature additions.

I bet they'll be relieved by the news.
Of course the phone is lacking several things. But I only spoke about my own opinion. There is already everything _I need_. Why have features that is never used?

The thing they really need to fix is Accuweather. It was fantastic up till PR1.1 and please don't say MeeCast, I am well aware of MeeCast but Accuweather provides better weather forecast at my area.

I'd rather Nokia pour all resource to get Meltemi out of the door first, and worry about PR1.3 later.
That's another slipped project and it has much bigger impact on NOK.

Last edited by sony123; 2012-06-13 at 04:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by late88 View Post
What else they could add to the phone? What the phone is lacking? Have you something in mind? Ok, maybe video calling but I don't use it anyway. And now we have inception, we can do almost anything to the phone by ourselves.
Of course the phone is lacking several things. But I only spoke about my own opinion. There is already everything _I need_. Why have features that is never used?
The answer is simple, really. You're not the only one who uses the phone. The hell people care with how you use your phone. If you're happy with it, don't ever dare update. An absolute majority of N9 users want to see their phone evolve and get new features, whether they're going to use it or not. So stop asking people "What is the phone lacking" or "What features do you need anyway?", because you're obviously, albeit indirectly, implying that other people shouldn't have any reason to be excited. Here's the proof:

I don't know about excitement, but all i want from pr1.3 is every critical bug fixed. Nothing else.
And of course, you're going to deny this.

*hands you your butt on a platter*

Originally Posted by lifeintheblitz View Post
The answer is simple, really. You're not the only one who uses the phone. The hell people care with how you use your phone. If you're happy with it, don't ever dare update. An absolute majority of N9 users want to see their phone evolve and get new features, whether they're going to use it or not. So stop asking people "What is the phone lacking" or "What features do you need anyway?", because you're obviously, albeit indirectly, implying that other people shouldn't have any reason to be excited. Here's the proof:

Clam down dude - he was just making a point valid to him - no need to get all agro

The Following User Says Thank You to Dared For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
http://nokiainnovation.com/2012/06/l...3-0-camera-ui/ <- check the Nokia Drive app screenshot, oh how I wish we'd get traffic info too in PR1.3! (As the app is very similar between N9 and Lumia 800/900)

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Malvern, PA
Originally Posted by Mandibela View Post
http://nokiainnovation.com/2012/06/l...3-0-camera-ui/ <- check the Nokia Drive app screenshot, oh how I wish we'd get traffic info too in PR1.3! (As the app is very similar between N9 and Lumia 800/900)
Traffic and reroutes would be fantastic!!!

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by lifeintheblitz View Post

There's no reason arguing. And you can't argue about opinions. You clearly completely missed my point here. And the thing about excitement and others posts, I only spoke what i'm feeling personally.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Toronto, Canada
Ya know, I was thinking. While it would be very nice, I'm pretty sure that we won't get app compatibility with Android.

(well, I sure as **** hope I'm wrong)

Even assuming that Google would be totally Ok, with it, which is unlikely, or maybe not, I don't know, Google is weird, they might not care, or even support it.

Ya never know, maybe by extending the hand of android apps now, they could easily get the owners of the N9 to move on to a Nexus Branded set. (Personally, had the N9 not dropped when it did, I would be toting a Galaxy Nexus. Some days I kinda still wish I had)

So, not only would it most likely get the big G kinda miffed, but it would also be a big FU to Microsoft. And even though both Microsoft and Nokia seemingly no longer give a damn about the N9, you can bet it would be a real threat, and letting consumers side with Droid, can't end well.

So how about if it's the opposite? How about if they are offering compatibility with Microsoft Marketplace apps?

I mean, sure, it would add like... 5 apps? To the library of the N9, but for the most part, more is better.

Now, I'm not a developer, I can't even imagine the amount of work that would have to go into making these things work together, not to mention the pieces of Microsoft code that they are keeping closed-source. But if Nokia did get the right to make some modifications, they have to have SOME access to those hidden parts, and it may just work.

Hell, Microsoft may even go for it, afterall, maybe we'll all get hooked on Microsoft Apps, and our next phone will be a Lumia. (I am also a tad jealous of the L900, that big screen... just wanna gut my N9 and transplant it into that body.)

Anyway, this is all just speculation of course, most likely, even assuming Pr1.3 comes out, we might get a few bug fixes, and a couple small tweaks, and even potentially a feature or two that might have been planned for later, but got pushed out now with the supposedly final update.

And that's already having pretty high expectations.

The Following User Says Thank You to SolarisSixth For This Useful Post:

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert