Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Originally Posted by SolarisSixth View Post
...(I am also a tad jealous of the L900, that big screen... just wanna gut my N9 and transplant it into that body.)...
Exactly.
I too had the same feelings when I played with a Lumia-900... how badly I wanted my N9 to be in that shell!

Originally Posted by qorax View Post
Exactly.
I too had the same feelings when I played with a Lumia-900... how badly I wanted my N9 to be in that shell!
i hate the bezel and how nokia took away the curved glass.. id take the lumia 800 over the 900 just because of that. on my amaze it had the bezel and so much dirt and crap got stuck in between the bezel and glass.. i think its a bad design

the n9's curved screen is perfect imo but thats all personal preference i guess

The Following User Says Thank You to stratax For This Useful Post:
Given today's announcements, I don't think we can be certain anymore that PR 1.3 will ever be available. In fact, I think it's far more likely that it will not come

Last edited by shinogami; 2012-06-14 at 11:31.

why that ?

The announce has no impact on R & D team in Finland ...

Originally Posted by clovis86 View Post
why that ?

The announce has no impact on R & D team in Finland ...
They slashed 3,700 jobs in Finland, including, AFAIK, the people involved with Meltemi, QT, and MeeGo. I might be wrong, but given the apparent need to save money, as well no future for MeeGo policy, what makes you think that PR 1.3 will ever see the light of day. From e.g. Elop's standpoint it's just a waste of money to dedicate any further resources to MeeGo development. I hope I'm wrong though..

The Following User Says Thank You to shinogami For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Considering that Nokia is taking a burning elevator into hell, its ability to hold to any particular commitments is in question.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
I have my N900 & N9

Nokia can go to Hell.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
pr1.3 will come...it was committed quite sometime ago...only polishing is in the works...however, its very sad to see the last remaining Linux strand in Nokia (Meltemi) being killed too...a very sad day in Nokia's history...

Now onwards it'll only be the Lumia show that will dominate new products...kinda pathetic till we know if Apollo really revamps WP to make it close all those loose ends at the basic features it lacks...

samsung plaese buy maemo from nokia, dont buy nokia, they deserve to crash and burn,

AmaziN9. ..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amaziN9 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by amaziN9 View Post
samsung plaese buy maemo from nokia, dont buy nokia, they deserve to crash and burn,
I want only one Qt-based phone per year (officially supported) - do I expect too much Nokia?? Maybe Samsung or other company would do it better.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elemental For This Useful Post:

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert