Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
I hope PR1.3 is out by august because the guy who was in charge of PR1.2 is gonna leave in august

https://twitter.com/melsop74/status/213304540102004736

a very sad sad day for Nokia I suppose

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jeffrey04 For This Useful Post:
well bad news is bad news. not much we can do but wait. lol

if wp8 is much better than wp7 then i might be happy to buy another Nokia.. other than that i have my eyes on bb10

edit: http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/14/n...tooth-headset/

looks like nokia is still holding on to the n9

Last edited by stratax; 2012-06-14 at 23:58.

Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
N9 still proudly stands amongst the Nokia high-ends at Nokia.sk website
Attached Images

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by stratax View Post
well bad news is bad news. not much we can do but wait. lol

if wp8 is much better than wp7 then i might be happy to buy another Nokia.. other than that i have my eyes on bb10
WP8 won't have multitasking just like WP7. At best you'll get task switching. Microsoft is going back to the days of 1986. And I wouldn't count on openess either. If you are a mobile poweruser, WP simply isn't for you.

It is terrible news today. I was kinda hoping that Elop was keeping Meltimi/Harmattan around to keep pressure on Microsoft, and showing Redmond that Nokia has a viable "plan B" ready. But it seems that Stephen Elop and Chris Weber (also an ex-microsofty, now in charge of global sales at Nokia.) are simply too weak to innovate.

I think the world is better off without WP. It has nothing positive to contribute next to the equally closed iOS. Personally I would regret if the downfall of WP also brings down Nokia, but if that is what it takes, then so be it. Let's just hope they will release PR1.3 before that.

How do you know when you've failed as company? When your own once enthusiastic, involved and committed customers turn their back to you. Good work Nokia.

Last edited by Fuzzillogic; 2012-06-15 at 00:17.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
WP8 won't have multitasking just like WP7. At best you'll get task switching. Microsoft is going back to the days of 1986. And I wouldn't count on openess either. If you are a mobile poweruser, WP simply isn't for you.

It is terrible news today. I was kinda hoping that Elop was keeping Meltimi/Harmattan around to keep pressure on Microsoft, and showing Redmond that Nokia has a viable "plan B" ready. But it seems that Stephen Elop and Chris Weber (also an ex-microsofty, now in charge of global sales at Nokia.) are simply too weak to innovate.

I think the world is better off without WP. It has nothing positive to contribute next to the equally closed iOS. Personally I would regret if the downfall of WP also brings down Nokia, but if that is what it takes, then so be it. Let's just hope they will release PR1.3 before that.

How do you know when you've failed as company? When your own once enthusiastic, involved and committed customers turn their back to you. Good work Nokia.

i guess its all up to personal preference. nobody, and i mean nobody (beside microsoft itself) know how WP8 is going to be. im sure microsoft isnt dumb (like apple) and continue to do what their consumers hate.. (like how IOS has looked the same for 6 years). they should have learned SOMETHING from these past few years and how everybody hates on wp7.

personally, i liked wp7.. for about 3 weeks lol, then i got bored and traded for a android cause.. its a boring OS. im just hopeing WP8 will bring new stuff to the table. for microsoft fans and nokia fans both. i dont think Nokia would have jumped if WP8 was the same as wp7 considering wp7 has less marketshare than symbian. that would be just plain dumb.

i dont hate any mobile OS tbh, i just like more than others and what not. if we didnt have IOS and WP7 then android or symbian wouldnt stand how it does today.. everybody needs competitors so the other company can improve ive never used ios as a personal device and i never plan to, thats for sure

edit: http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/14/n...craps-meltemi/

-________-

Last edited by stratax; 2012-06-15 at 00:46.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I think the update is coming. I received this email from technical support:

Originally Posted by Nokia Technical Support
----- Original message -----
> Hi Stuart,
>
> I am with the Nokia Store Technical Support team and it has come to my
> attention that CuteTube does not play streamed videos with the latest
> firmware that will be coming out for the N9 shortly. Unfortunately it
> crashes before playing a streamed video.
>
> Can you please take a look at the crash log and either send myself in an
> attached email an updated version of the app so I can test it with the
> new firmware or possibly send your project including source code so I
> can debug your application with the new firmware and find the crash bug.
>
> If your application is not updated before the launch of the new firmware
> there is a possibility that your application may receive negative
> reviews due to crashes that users of your app will face on the new
> firmware.
>
> Please let me as soon as possible how you would like to go about solving
> this issue.
>
> Sincerely,
> Paul
> Nokia Store Technical Support Engineer
It looks like another regression in the performance of the QML Video element. :/

As it happens, I am already close to finishing the new version, which will now rely on the stock video player for all playback duties.

My website

GitHub

The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
woow...nevertheless, it`s quite a confirmation of PR1.3...
thx

Originally Posted by elemental View Post
I want only one Qt-based phone per year (officially supported) - do I expect too much Nokia?? Maybe Samsung or other company would do it better.
BBOS10 with Qt support and a swipe-like UI.

it is where i am headed next!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
BBOS10 with Qt support and a swipe-like UI.

it is where i am headed next!
+1 im sure a lot of symbian users will jump ship as well

The Following User Says Thank You to stratax For This Useful Post:
It's gonna be .... wait for it .....

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert