Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
One suspects that the position of the camera on the N9 (and Lumia) may make it difficult to design a suitable solution

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
I don't see how it'd be a total show-stopper.

It might be an idea to actually request a keyboard for the Lumia 800!

As that is more commericially viable for a company like BoxWave, the Lumia has official support and mass marketing compared to our stillborn N9.

Also I have a solution that uses the carrying case idea, I am currently trying to get hold of the case, just need to order one, but I have ordered the keyboard

Leather case with landscape flip!

Mini Bluetooth Keyboard small enough to fit in the case!

Should get everything by next week, I will do a mini review on this forum once I have it

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tampico, México
requested! hope to see something soon!

voted on box wave for a keyboard buddy case for nokia lumia 800 and nokia n9. linked pics to both devices, and linked pic to nokia n900 keyboard and n950 keyboard so they get the idea

what would also be a freaking good idea is that when you want to use the bluetooth keyboard you can swipe to a custom made virtual keyboard on the screen that has smilies set up, like the n900 has, thus taking up one line at the bottom of the screen maximising screen realestate. this would also stop the real vkb's initialising and becoming an issue when typing in a text area.
can the vkb display dynamically change size if you made the vkb one line high with one button at the left edge, if pressed to change to a 6x3 line keyboard of presets for common gestures and then when pressed returning to the 1 line high presentation? is that possible?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keferen For This Useful Post:
i also requested..

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 493 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
One more request sent here.

I went a bit crazy with the description, providing a few links explaining the few differences between the Lumia 800 and the N9, and saying they might as well make it for the Lumia 800, since there would be one more cutout (shutter button for the Lumia), and if possible, the two cutouts in the back to account for both flashs... if that's not in the way of the keyboard mecanism.
I also noted it would be a big deal if we couldn't use the camera because it's in the middle... just in case (hah !).
And the Lumia is 0.05 mm longer than the N9, but that shouldn't be a problem either.

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
They've got my request too. I stressed the fact that the N9 and the better known/sold Lumia have the same shape and size, except that the Lumia has an additional key on the side, which means that a housing for the Lumia would fit on the N9. That being said, I also stressed that the N9 is a Linux-based device with a well established community, with many people coming from the N900 and its hardware keyboard.

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Australia
Placed a request :D
Hope they make one!
Placed it for the vertical one though, less chance of interfering with the camera, and would natively support more applications...

Might be an idea to request the NUU MiniKey for our N9s/Lumia 800's as well!

It is a much cleaner and nicer design then the BoxWave, and the build quality is much much better!

Here is the contact form:

http://gonuu.com/contact-us

And the actual product is here:

http://gonuu.com/product/NUU-MiniKey

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page