Active Topics

Closed Thread
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
if you had read this very thread a little more carefully, you would have noticed that i pointed out that Quim being a NOKIA employee shouldn't be mistaken as him being a NOKIA spokesperson.
not being aware of this can of course give the feeling Quim is dangling information at us and rise frustration, no?
And that's what is wrong with his statements, they go round in circles and leave a lot of guessing which incidentally has prompted this thread !.

I have every right to express my opinion but Texrat obviously feels a lot of admiration for Qgil that i don't, ok fair enough.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
The question why is he here should be asked of Reggie or Admins, not Abill_uk. I already complained about one of his posts, with zero response. He always gets to start fresh, as if he has no history, with a blank slate and a perfect past.

Last edited by geneven; 2012-06-18 at 03:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
The question why is he here should be asked of Reggie or Admins, not Abill_uk. I already complained about one of his posts, with zero response. He always gets to start fresh, as if he has no history, with a blank slate and a perfect past.
didn't you miss something?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Ok i will explain for the benefit of Texrat why i do not always agree with Qgill, if that is at all possible and people actually understand where i am coming from.

I do not like PR talk generally because it is usually always hyped for the company to give a good impression and i feel strongly in this case that Qgil gave many false promises in his words that never came or happened hence why Maemo now is a dead project as far as Nokia is concerned, all my life i have always been straight to the point and non pretentious especially when it involves money and i feel Nokia fell foul of many things which is obviously why they are in the situation they are in now.

Maemo is the reason for this community and i have been around here long enough and argued too i might add for the cause of the community where Nokia are concerned, it has sometimes got me into deep shitt but never the less i carry on in my beliefs and wants and needs which incidentally are no different in basic terms as anyone else's and that was always the progression of Maemo and then Meego when it all kicked off.

Many things have been said by Qgil that never came off and i have in the past said that he has had the rug pulled from under him.

Respect where it is due and i give him that for his position but not the actual happenings which were not his fault, he as a person is not in my critisism but that of the way Nokia have portrayed them selves using Qgil as there spokes person, sadly it all came down in a complete shambles and i still say the same as i always did that Maemo being a linux OS could very easily have gone much further than it did but i am not the one to say why it didn't, that is for Nokia to explain officially.

I owe no apology whatsoever to Qgil as my criticism is relating to Nokia and not directed at him personally as a person.

One request to deaf ears and that is the release in full of the Maemo source code/OS to this community... once again.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
All we can agree that there are more interesting things to discuss. It's ok. Let's move forward, or back to maemo.org.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. Either you're with us or you're against us. This is what Nokia is saying at the moment. It's not fair, and many will disagree with the solution. Elop is no charismatic and visionary leader. He is a thug, he does what the board tells him, and the board has told him to restructure Nokia.

The old Nokia is gone. The new Nokia is emerging. It may be short lived, but that is beside the point. IMO they will pull it of, eventually.

As for this board, Texrat's solution is the only one which makes sense IMO.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Hey Texy i resent that remark and i might remind you this community praises itself for freedom of speech AND you need to read all my posts not just that one OK.

Qgil cannot say it the way he would like too because he is directed by Nokia and the very reason i said a REAL Nokia spokesperson meaning someone who could tell it the way it is for everyone to read.
Now if you want to debate this then ok am with you so fire away you shot the first round and i will follow in any event.

And in answer to your last comment......i am as much entitled to be on here as you ok.
Freedom of Speech does not free you from consequences.
Freedom of Speech doesn't permit slander, libel or shouting fire in a crowded theater.
Tone it down abill_uk, go have a cup of green tea or something that will calm you down.

I'm sure you can say what you want to say without having to be a dick about it.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
They don't really care about us!

Michael Jackson says:

I used to dream
I used to glance beyond the cyber world
Now I don't know where we belong
Although I know Nokia abandoned us

Aaah, oooh
Aaah, oooh
Aaah, oooh
Aaah, oooh

Hey, what about Maemo
(What about us)
What about NIT
(What about it)
They gonna forget us
(What about us)
We'll be orphaned
(What about us)
What about TMO
(What about us)
They'll turned threads to dust
(What about us)
What about Wiki
(What about us)
They'll wipe the knowledges
(What about us)
What about Repository
(What about us)
We can't share our work
(What about us)
What about our roadmap
(What about us)
What about Hildon
(What about it)
What about Qt
(What about it)
What about Linux mobile devices
(What about it)
What about Open Source
(What about us)
What about their future
(ooo, ooo)
Do they give a damn

Aaah, oooh

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AWasisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
MJ died already at the end of the 1980ies.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
And in answer to your last comment......i am as much entitled to be on here as you ok.
The only person truly ENTITLED to be on this forum is Reggie. EVERYONE else is ALLOWED.

Anyway, cease with the personal attacks. And don't waste time arguing that. I'll show you what entitlement means when I start seriously moderating.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
citation needed