Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Hi, I tried to activate speakers with the following dbus command in n900 command prompt while using FM Radio and Phone but without success.
[CODE]
dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.osso_hp_ls_controller /com/nokia/osso_hp_ls_controller com.nokia.osso_hp_ls_controller.loudspeaker.force_ loudspeaker_on[/CODE

It doesn't give any error message either. BTW, I copied it from wiki. So, just wondering if anyone can help find out if I'm doing wrong anywhere. Thanks

Last edited by jaeezzy; 2010-03-07 at 15:12. Reason: Solved

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by jaeezzy View Post
Hi, I tried to activate speakers with the following dbus command in n900 command prompt while using FM Radio and Phone but without success.
[CODE]
dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.osso_hp_ls_controller /com/nokia/osso_hp_ls_controller com.nokia.osso_hp_ls_controller.loudspeaker.force_ loudspeaker_on[/CODE

It doesn't give any error message either. BTW, I copied it from wiki. So, just wondering if anyone can help find out if I'm doing wrong anywhere. Thanks
That dbus-send command is for the N8x0s which had a daemon called "multimediad". Doesn't "FM Radio" allow you to switch between the two in its interface? If so, you could look at its code to see how it does it.

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
That dbus-send command is for the N8x0s which had a daemon called "multimediad". Doesn't "FM Radio" allow you to switch between the two in its interface? If so, you could look at its code to see how it does it.
Thanks for the reply qwerty12. Ya I did exactly the same thing. Python isn't my language and looked through all the .py files as thoroughly as possible but coldn't find where its implemented and trust me the code is scattered between numerous folders making my task even harder but I guess I have to go through once more.

P.S: @qwerty12: I, somewhere inside, was feeling/expecting you would reply.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Look at the file components/fmradio/SoundPipe.py and search for "use_speaker"

so it doesn't support dbus right? gstreamer? coz I was looking for dbus all around. Thanks for pointing file out.

EDIT: or may be I'm wrong coz I'm completely confused

Last edited by jaeezzy; 2010-03-07 at 13:01.

ok solved. It is simply using amixer terminal commands.

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
This will help thanks.