Closed Thread
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
I'm not oblivious, then or now.

When it started, the awards were going to be decided by Estel and Woody because they were not going to request awards:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=20

That was fine with me and I said so. But it changed after that, including that Estel later changed his mind and decided to request an award.
Thanks for pointing this out. Seems like the conflict of interest is right here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
But after you saw that it's already 4 of 5 in there ,could you at least and re think that it can't work and should be decided between you who would give up device or other optins or maybe take prev council as judges or other well-known stars of maemo to do it?

There is always an option. And we judge not you but choice, as we are community and you represent us.
Apparently, Estel did not request an award until the last day of the nomination period and I didn't know that until the process for selecting awards had already begun. The thought didn't occur to me then, but even if it had, there was not enough time at that point to bring in other judges.

I still think everyone who received an award deserved it.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Apparently, Estel did not request an award until the last day of the nomination period and I didn't know that until the process for selecting awards had already begun. The thought didn't occur to me then, but even if it had, there was not enough time at that point to bring in other judges.

Thanks SD69. The community has got its answers.

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
End of thread then...???

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel

first reasonable and respectful answer, why didn't you speak up in last council meeting?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Isn't this like saying someone at Nokia telling Elop President and CEO that he is not entitled to receive and test devices from nokia? I can't see any leader without the possibility to have access to a device or product for which he is working with. Its crucial!

Low level manager: "Elop, you are not allowed to use any nokia phone pre-release! Infact, you have to buy your own devices after release from now on if you want to try out a nokia phone."
Elop: "But I am the CEO, you cant tell me what to do!"
Low level manager: "Sure, you are the CEO. But you can test the system/devices with this powerpoint presentation of some basic use cases from design of the system and make the bushiness decision from that. I I can send you an early persentation of Meego."
Elop: "Ok, send over the snapshots rightway."
Low level manager: "Will do, BOSS!"
Elop: "Ok, now, Lets open the Powerpoint presentation of Meego Let's see how good Meego is for us. Ohh double tap to unluck the screen. very good. Very nice indeed! Great first slide! let's look at slide two...WTF! only one slide? This OS is UNACCEPTABLE! It's a BURNING PLATFORM without ecosystem. It's just a lock screen and nothing more. UNACCEPTABLE!"

and so that was the reason nokia left meego for windows.

True Story!

Do you want our council members without a phone to make strange decisions around the platform?.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-06-26 at 17:11.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Thanks to SD69 for pointing this out.
I also didnt pay attention to these circumstances, and deeply apologizes to those who at least had some truth in their statements.
Like SD69 I still believe devices were handed to people who does deserve it.
I think this may be a topic for next council meeting, at least how to avoid such a situation in the future.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
first reasonable and respectful answer, why didn't you speak up in last council meeting?
At the last council meeting, I didn't fully appreciate that Estel had never said, before nominating himself on the last day possible, that he had changed his mind and was going to request an award.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I personally would have appointed some people deemed objective observers to give the awards
Appointed by whom? The council that can't be trusted? The community at large (in which case how is it different from the council)?

And what if the appointed observers asked the community if they could also apply, got a mostly positive response and ended up awarding devices to some of themselves, how would that be any different?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
So, after reading SD69's statement... if one would be a bit snappy; he could now conclude that:
The most vocal opponent to people questioning the whole process/story, being at the same time the person that launched most personal attacks against said questioners, this person showed the most questionable/arguable behavior?

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-06-26 at 18:07.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
clarity, council fail, dishonesty, outcry, titfortat, trollmageddon, trolls, untrustworthy, whereisthelove