1st: Call recording, there are alot of apps in the Nokia N9 Meago store of recording apps, and they dont work at all. When i had a simple little old Nokia N76, the call recording app that came with the phone was able to record the call, not just my mic, i mean it was perfect, well accept for the beeping sound, it worked during a call.

2: Playing audio while on a call, on the Symbian operating system, i was able to pay like recordings or music while on the phone with someone and they would be able to hear it, and it was loud so that we both can hear it on the phone, is it possible to take that block off the phone so that iam able to pay recordings or music while on the phone with someone and they can hear what i can hear.

3: What is the point in having a drive app on the phone when it isnt even a app for turn by turn navigation????

4: Also is there a way to make the speaker on the phone louder because it is very low, when i play a song or a audio file it is very low on the phone, usually with Nokia phones they are very loud.

5. Can i install symbian on the n9 like a dual boot option.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by JustTech View Post
1st: Call recording, there are alot of apps in the Nokia N9 Meago store of recording apps, and they dont work at all. When i had a simple little old Nokia N76, the call recording app that came with the phone was able to record the call, not just my mic, i mean it was perfect, well accept for the beeping sound, it worked during a call.

2: Playing audio while on a call, on the Symbian operating system, i was able to pay like recordings or music while on the phone with someone and they would be able to hear it, and it was loud so that we both can hear it on the phone, is it possible to take that block off the phone so that iam able to pay recordings or music while on the phone with someone and they can hear what i can hear.

3: What is the point in having a drive app on the phone when it isnt even a app for turn by turn navigation????

4: Also is there a way to make the speaker on the phone louder because it is very low, when i play a song or a audio file it is very low on the phone, usually with Nokia phones they are very loud.

1) Use the app Call Recorder

2) No such fix AFAIK

3) Drive app HAS turn by turn navigation. That's why the name is "DRIVE". Did you test it properly before posting.

4) Use N9QTweak app to boost volume

5) No...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Qtweak app, where do you even find that app, i dont see it in the store, be aware that iam new to this Meago OS, when i first saw nokia with it, i wanted to get the phone. So bare with me if i ask certain questiones that you think i should know.

n9qtweak http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80600

its the most useful tweak app with many tweaks all in one place...its ok for questions...

and don't forget number
6) Can't use bluetooth and Wi-Fi simultaneously (for ex: talking on bluetooth while browsing web using either infrastructure or Ad-Hoc/Hotspot mode.

Originally Posted by isfr21 View Post
and don't forget number
6) Can't use bluetooth and Wi-Fi simultaneously (for ex: talking on bluetooth while browsing web using either infrastructure or Ad-Hoc/Hotspot mode.
I have done this (been on the phone AND had WiFi hotspot running).

Doesn't work super but it works even if the phone gets really warm since it's overclocked to 1175 and plugged in in order to not kill the battery.

Maybe this will be improved in PR1.3?

-------------------

I had that problem with drive until I changed the voice. There are some that didn't offer turn-by-turn navigation. I do find that between NY and NJ DRIVE can offer some odd (read: bad) directions. It also consumes a LOT of battery. Have a car charger ready, one that can put out 1A, not just 500 mAh, that won't keep up with the energy needs.

Originally Posted by isfr21 View Post
and don't forget number
It works well even without overclocking. it depends totally on the strength of your nerwork connection. If you're on 2G it becomes difficult but works well on 3.5G

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
6) No, you cannot create second hardware antenna with software.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
6) No, you cannot create second hardware antenna with software.
Must not laugh... this was too good, the way you said it, made it priceless.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:

No but you can install Android ICS with a dual boot option.