Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
I would prefer if Yappari left the contacts as they are. It's not the responsibility of a third-party app to fix your broken contacts. If I ever catch Yappari or any other application "fixing" anything of my contacts I'll immediately purge it and be angry about it.

After all, your problem requires a one-off solution. Write a script for that!

I seriously doubt that. Particularly at this stage of *early* development, the less people who play around with the code the less chances that one of them fvcks up.

Cheers.
firstly you wouldnt fix them in the actual phone book you would change them in memory so as you read a entry you check for area code if it doesnt exist in the number you would apply it then send the alterd version from memory to watsao service leaving the phone book in tact.

secondly with decent source control the main developer would still have the choice to push fixes and features into the main branch. this is kind of the essence of open source development. you find me one comercial project that is only worked on by one person. it just doesnt happen people dont have the time. you might even find a very skilled developer will get involved and produce some very elegant and fast code.

im not saying there isnt all ready a very good developer working on it just saying there could be more to increase productivity.

Last edited by jamie721; 2012-06-28 at 11:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to jamie721 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
I won't install a Yappari version who add country codes in his own adressbook, because then I won't be able to control wich contacts I want to add (and give their data to Whatsapp Inc.). I understand that it would be easier (and lazier XD) but for me is a privacy concern. Whatsapp official client privacy sucks, Yappari and Wazzap privacy are better, so I can use them (well I have an N900 and Wazzap is only for N9 by this time). If I would have an Android, I won't use Whatsapp.

Last edited by malkavian; 2012-06-28 at 11:32.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Hong Kong
Exactly what I mean.
And no one will call his/her classmate/coworker in same country with full country code+area code+phone number right? And yes, the phone company will determine this for you. And in Whatsapp case, Whatsapp program is the "phone company" which determine whether the number should regard as local number or international number and send to the "corrected" number.
Once again, in many countries, people's address book entries are all local numbers, please visit china once and you will know.

Originally Posted by jamie721 View Post
firstly you wouldnt fix them in the actual phone book you would change them in memory so as you read a entry you check for area code if it doesnt exist in the number you would apply it then send the alterd version from memory to watsao service leaving the phone book in tact.

secondly with decent source control the main developer would still have the choice to push fixes and features into the main branch. this is kind of the essence of open source development. you find me one comercial project that is only worked on by one person. it just doesnt happen people dont have the time. you might even find a very skilled developer will get involved and produce some very elegant and fast code.

im not saying there isnt all ready a very good developer working on it just saying there could be more to increase productivity.

off context

Hi, sorry to bother you Guys, but i unintentionally step on my n900 charger and the charging system just pop out, i removed the back cover without switching off the fone on now my phone shows,..read-only files,back up and try fixing it with a pc. but my usb port is spoilt.
pls any help..
once again sorry for posting it here.

I am experiencing something strange on my phone. is it that Yappari drains data so fast, or there's some hidden application that's running in the background and also uses my cellular data connection? Apparently, whenever I connect, my data counter shoots to 1MB within 30 minutes or less, even when i'm not actively using Yappari. I tried disabling network based GPS (which helped a bit) and all my email and IM accounts(which also helped a bit). now i"'m stuck, what could be the problem?

please make it accept contacts in the local format

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
An MSN login is 800 KB, that means every time MSN connects there's 800 KB of data transferred.

The solution is measure it yourself. If you are an experienced user (I'm saying this because I won't tell you step by step how) install IPTraf Monitor. Disable everything that uses the network (even modest editing your .desktop file and rebooting) and connect while looking at the IPTraf screen. Then start your services one by one and check which one is consuming data.

Yappari doesn't consume data at all, unless you're receving a lot of multimedia messages, and even then you just receive thumbnails of around 20 KB in size.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by llucax View Post
But is this request of contacts necessary for Yappari to work, or is just so you can have the list of contacts to pick one to send a message to? What I mean is adding an option to start with an empty contact list in Yappari, not making this initial request for contacts, if that makes any sense (I don't know how whatsapp works).
Sorry to insist, but did you see this part of the message? Does this makes any sense and is it sensible to implement?

Thanks.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Romania
Hi there,
Since I installed yappari a problem seem to have occured. I cant receive nor send email via Yahoo using Nokia Messaging on Nokia N900. Did it happen to anyone else? Or is there another issue regarding this problem?

How about changing the status?

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp