Active Topics

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ India
Hi,

I have a N950 and recetly I droped it, thought height of drop was only 4 /5 inch but i droped it on steel bar with screen facing down.

After drop I am seeing dead pixel on screen and thing worry me more is, every day those dead pixel are spreading.

Does anyone know how to fix dead pixel or altest stop spreading of dead pixel ?

Thanks,
Kunal

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
You can't fix dead pixels nor you can prevent it from "spreading".. Only solution is to change the screen.. Try contacting Nokia.. Or maybe qgil he might have an idea on who to talk to to get that repaired...

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
yup it just keeps spreading. Its not a dead pixel but an LCD leak. Id be interested to know if you manage to get it fixed

The Following User Says Thank You to mohannad For This Useful Post:
If You got Your N950 via developer's program, You can use official means of repairing/replacing it (I'm not sure, if Nokia still proceed those).

If it's similar situation to one from few weeks before, when someone came here, asking about screen replacement for N950, that he got as birthday present from uncle working on Nokia's R&D - well, You know the answer.

BTW, of course, as other's have said, it's not dead pixel, but minor screen leakage.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-06-30 at 03:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ India
Thank you all.

Yes its from developer program. From Qt Ambassador program. I will try to contact them.

BTW what "screen leakage" means, Does it mean in some time my whole screen will be black ?

Hi there, it meams backup anything you got in the phone sun as posible, and send in service for screen change...

The Following User Says Thank You to An9 For This Useful Post: