Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by figaro View Post
I also found a bug that whenever I have conversation with someone who are not in my contacts, these conversations will not be shown in Yappari main screen
Saving those numbers to contacts will automatically solve it though, but I think it'd be better if unknown contacts still shown with their numbers
I can't reproduce that. If somebody messages me and is not in my contact list, Yappari will add his nickname to the main contact list.

If this happens to you when somebody in a group messages you and he/she is not in your contact list, you're maybe hitting a group bug that it's already fixed for the next release.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Owerri, Nigeria
thanks for the development so far. since the disappearing case has already been mentioned, no need of repeating it. I guess i'd rather revert to the previous version till further notice coz its annoying ! keep up the good work.

I started the phone application and Yappari disappeared. The end of the log is the following:

Code:
Sa. Jun 30 23:46:52 2012
<iq>
   id=1341082707-ping
   to=s.whatsapp.net
   type=result

>> 0
>> 19
>> f8074843fc0f313334413039323730372d70696e67a08aa287
Sa. Jun 30 23:51:52 2012
<noop>
>> 0
>> 1
>> 00
Sa. Jun 30 23:56:52 2012
<noop>
>> 0
>> 1
>> 00
So. Jul 1 00:01:52 2012
<noop>
>> 0
>> 1
>> 00
Application destroyed
The whole log is about 16.000 lines, so maybe I should delete it and start with a clean one if you need a complete log. I hope that these lines are not problematic to be posted here publicly.

Last edited by 814d3; 2012-06-30 at 22:21.

hey there everyone, first i would like to say thank u for this app, Yappari!, wish it will have file transfer option.
i have some problem hope u can help, i installed and work with yappari for a couple of days and it worked fine, today i try to use Whatapp for pc with an software name "blueStacks" and since i got verifiction code yappari keep say "PROTOCOL ERROR" and i dont know what to do, need that app in my n900 not in my pc so how can i get things to work again, i tried to uninstall and install yapprai again but still the same error...
any idea!?
thanks!!!

sti,

If you use the same number in Whatsapp in another device, Yappari stops working. That's fixed in the next release (Yappari will force you to re-register).

If you're in 0.0.13 or less delete the file /home/user/.config/scorpius/yappari.conf and start Yappari again, register again, and that's it.

In the next release Yappari will know automatically that you screwed up (you shouldn't use your number in another device) and will force the re-registration.

(In Android the client asks you to register again in the same conditions).

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Ok folks, a new version. No new features, just bug fixes, because they are SO many, that from time to time I have to stop developing new stuff and fixing what we already have.

Changes:

* Fixed crash when you receive offline (delayed) group messages.
* Yappari won't disconnect anymore if somebody sends you a multimedia message (though they are still being ignored, until next release).
* Older messages now display date (did you guys realize only time was displayed?)
* Fixed bug where sometimes group users had the group subject as their nickname.
* Changed input field layout to "auto" so N900 with languages from right to left can write as they are supposed to.
* No more "I/O Errors". Now they are more detailed, like Connection closed by the server, Connection timed out, etc.
* Protocol errors are also more detailed now, but only in the log file, not in the GUI.
* Fixed bug where if the user nickname has < or > everything was blue.
* Fixed bug where sometimes empty contacts appeared in the contact list.
* If you use your number in another device with Whatsapp, Yappari will force you to re-register.

Here it is: http://uppit.com/y1abjh3riczt/yappari_0.0.15_armel.deb

As a good practice you should delete your log file before starting the new version, so you have a clean log when you find a new bug.

As always thank you all for your generous donations!!

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-07-01 at 03:28.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
I can't reproduce that. If somebody messages me and is not in my contact list, Yappari will add his nickname to the main contact list.

If this happens to you when somebody in a group messages you and he/she is not in your contact list, you're maybe hitting a group bug that it's already fixed for the next release.
No, it's not a group message.

Anyhow I'll try to download the latest version, delete the whole logs and see what happens next. Thanks for the reply though

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
* Older messages now display date (did you guys realize only time was displayed?)
Sure did ! Thank you for this I'll donate 1 dollar just for this

Have my N900 since 2010 and still is my main phone!

I'm Making money viewing Ads Here Now making money to donate to the forum

The Following User Says Thank You to Shinigamijim For This Useful Post:
Posts: 132 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on May 2011 @ sudan
* Changed input field layout to "auto" so N900 with languages from right to left can write as they are supposed to.
thanx ,,, that was a really help full !!

now i can write normally !

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Hi Scorpius, please add a donate button to the first post of this thread and thank you for the latest release.

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp