Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Mumai,India
Originally Posted by vakkov View Post
Okay, it was funny to watch you 2 fighting Now here is some light in the tunnel - about a month ago Texas Instrument/Imagination Technologies updated their ICS SGX DDK with libs for the sgx 530 rev 1.2.1 - https://gitorious.org/rowboat/hardware-ti-sgx/ This is our GPU. What sanjeev is using in the video are these libs BUT with the old omaplfb and pvrsrvrkm modules from gingerbread (so as I said it's still not ready although he reports that some games are playable). WHY? Because when I try compiling them (the modules) from the DDK i get errors which i DON'T have time to investigate and fix - http://pastebin.com/Ug4uw7ZV And this problem is for the 2.6.28.NIT kernel only - some of you may know that Crevetor has worked on a 2.6.35 nitdroid kernel before - http://youtu.be/Pl8F5sJaGDc And it seems that the DDK doesn't have problems with it - http://pastebin.com/dU7HTKWA and installs perfectly. Here is the place to note that I haven't tested the kernel yet because my n900's usb is broken for more than a month. If somebody wants to try this - https://gitorious.org/nitdroid-2-6-3...-2-6-35-kernel Compile, install ddk-1.8 and try
I am not familiar to linux,so I feel silly asking this,but,how do i exactly download and install the Nitdroid kernel 2.6.35? (Plz dnt laugh at my ignorance)
Also,can anyone shed some more light on the CM9(00) issue please?

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Bellary/Bangalore [Karntaka]
Originally Posted by aditya_123412 View Post
I am not familiar to linux,so I feel silly asking this,but,how do i exactly download and install the Nitdroid kernel 2.6.35? (Plz dnt laugh at my ignorance)
Also,can anyone shed some more light on the CM9(00) issue please?

to install nitdroid 2.6.35 kernel first u have to compile the source files

and CM9 is the cyanogen mod9 ( ICS ) ( google it)...
its still under development and needs a lot of work to be done and as we stated if u want to know more details just goto this link
TEAM Energy proudly presents CM 9(00) [WIP][U-Boot]

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by imo View Post
off topic :@ vestin thanks finally some body poked in and acted as a buffer to stable the gigabyte acidic excoriations .
on topic : Well since i see 2.3.4 is pretty and stable ,may i request for camera modules to be ported to on 2.3.4 version ? And voice calling is another issue where mostly people will be concerned .
though will be waiting for something new in nitdroid.I wonder if e-yes still working on N900 nitdroid.N9 geeks got him away i suppose .Ammyt other than sanjeev and vakkov ,we are counting on you too.man you are finally off the hook ( i mean exams are finished eh ) .
Who said I ain't working? I am polishing the latest installer(s), and a new PC-based installer is on the way (asked for by some people, helps reviving dead phones?)
NITDroid-Installer-0.2.9 will have three forms from now on:
  1. NITDroid-Installer: On-device, installs the latest, stable build, along with all the latest safe patches, stays away from experimental branch of the repository. Still CLI based but with GUI tips and progress-bars.
  2. Devel-NITDroid-Installer: On-device, a lot of features, installs whatever .tar.bz2 rootfs you link it too, patches optional, GUI.
  3. NITDroid-Installer-Pro: Future, Ubuntu-based installer, used for repartitioning eMMC and installing NITDroid builds on a new mmcblk0p5 partition.
That's it for the new automated installation, I have a beta for the Devel-Installer, I'm taking all of my free time working on them since I am debugging them till the last bits of code.

I am also tweaking libaudio from the Nexus S to fix that annoying intermittent, screeching sound produced we have in 2.3.7

I'm still fiddling with the SDCard mount issue, I heard from the folks at XDA that it is an su sdcard permissions error, I tried chmod-ing the sdcard binary with all kinds of permissions without luck.

Last, I am looking for clockworkmod, we should have that utility, I am thinking of compiling a separate kernel for booting CWM exclusively, but I still have to dig into it and whether if it is even possible, and how/where does CWM exactly boot from.

Last edited by ammyt; 2012-07-01 at 17:54.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Bengalluru,India
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
Who said I ain't working? I am polishing the latest installer(s), and a new PC-based installer is on the way (asked for by some people, helps reviving dead phones?)
  1. NITDroid-Installer: On-device, installs the latest, stable build, along with all the latest safe patches, stays away from experimental branch of the repository. Still CLI based but with GUI tips and progress-bars.
  2. Devel-NITDroid-Installer: On-device, a lot of features, installs whatever .tar.bz2 rootfs you link it too, patches optional, GUI.
  3. NITDroid-Installer-Pro: Future, Ubuntu-based installer, used for repartitioning eMMC and installing NITDroid builds on a new mmcblk0p5 partition.
That's it for the new automated installation, I have a beta for the Devel-Installer, I'm taking all of my free time working on them since I am debugging them till the last bits of code.

I am also tweaking libaudio from the Nexus S to fix that annoying intermittent, screeching sound produced we have in 2.3.7

I'm still fiddling with the SDCard mount issue, I heard from the folks at XDA that it is an su sdcard permissions error, I tried chmod-ing the sdcard binary with all kinds of permissions without luck.

Last, I am looking for clockworkmod, we should have that utility, I am thinking of compiling a separate kernel for booting CWM exclusively, but I still have to dig into it and whether if it is even possible, and how/where does CWM exactly boot from.
how do u plan to implement clockwork mod??

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Mumai,India
Originally Posted by Nihanthk View Post
to install nitdroid 2.6.35 kernel first u have to compile the source files

and CM9 is the cyanogen mod9 ( ICS ) ( google it)...
its still under development and needs a lot of work to be done and as we stated if u want to know more details just goto this link
TEAM Energy proudly presents CM 9(00) [WIP][U-Boot]
How do I compile them?What do I need for that?
Can anyone compile them for me?
(Sorry,I am a windows user)

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
CWM would be very handy if you mess up when trying out things

Regards Dousan...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by sanjeev.a.rangaswamy View Post
how do u plan to implement clockwork mod??
When there's a will, there's a way

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ a spot

You are the reason I still have faith in this, even though Sanjeev still believes he has a HWA accelerated NITDroid.

It really strikes me, I don't see you receiving credit at all for you work, not even by mere words, and you have never requested a donation, RESPECT+.

Originally Posted by GigaByte View Post
You are the reason I still have faith in this, even though Sanjeev still believes he has a HWA accelerated NITDroid.

It really strikes me, I don't see you receiving credit at all for you work, not even by mere words, and you have never requested a donation, RESPECT+.
look dude i don intend on any kind of conversation with u so don drag my name into dis ... if u feel u ve done better make a video of a 3d app running on n14 rather den tellin me all o dis if u cant den ill show u..

When there's a will, there's a way
ammyt this is just in theory its an idea i got using my hd2 its like the os and the recovery are on two different partitions so the reocvery has access to the os partition and is given file rights of the os partition so when necessary it can access the os partition and make the required changes cant we do the same here on the n900 just a thought though...

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid