Active Topics

Hi,

I updated two days ago to PR1.3 and since then I have realized, that the email app does not show when there is a new email.

Well, in the Wallpaper and Feed screen, I get the mail notification. Anyhow, when I enter the mail app, each of my emails accounts say "up-to-date" and no "blue circle" with the new emails number is there.

Anyone had this problem?

I did a reinstallation of the sofware yesterday (reinstall completely over Nokia Suite) and it did not help.

Thanks a lot!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lupastro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
I'm having an issue where the numbers are out of sync, only updating sometimes.
I have just deleted and recreated my accounts, and at least my main mail account, which had gotten slower and slower over time (not fixed in PR1.3), is now back to being fast again (all that was probably needed internally was a database vacuum/reindex/incantation).
I'll report back if that doesn't fix the blue numbers issue too.

Small Update.

I also deleted my accounts and created them again. I have one GMAIL account(configured as "other email account" using IMAP) and another email account of the domain I have (also IMAP).

The gmail account shows the number when there is a new email, but the other one doesn't....

I concur with vitaminj: there is a speed improvement when deleting and creating the accounts again.

Yep, even after recreating my main mail account, the blue counter on the main screen (in "recent messages" mode) is still out of sync. How on earth did this get through testing?

Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
Yep, even after recreating my main mail account, the blue counter on the main screen (in "recent messages" mode) is still out of sync. How on earth did this get through testing?
...and where do we report the bug now? Bugzilla is closed..........

I have the same problem since PR1.3.

Fenix doesn't show notification anymore, when we edit an email account (for sync time, name, signature, or anything else...).

After reinstalling firmware and deleting all personnal data/configuration, same problem...

Thanks Nokia.

Last edited by fr_78knots; 2012-07-05 at 13:58.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
same here. Exchange seems to work though!

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Can also confirm this issue with blue circle not showing number of unread messages and new messages not showing up in latest messages preview.
It seems only IMAP is affected.
Google-MfE account still works fine.
Deleting and recreating IMAP account didn`t help, but if I use POP instead of IMAP it works...
(However when using POP, messages are not marked read when downloaded with PC mail client - annoying!)

QNeptunea -
Best Twitter Client for N9/N950 - HowTo Create Themes

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
for those not using micrsoft crap ashole exchange:

cant we wipe out fenix and make a beyter mailreader? I mean isnt google/imap and mailbackend opensource?
I mean i seriously tired of seing email client is less goos than it was before

if we make a new we can use it on nemomobile and n900 too.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
cant we wipe out fenix and make a beyter mailreader? I mean isnt google/imap and mailbackend opensource?
I mean i seriously tired of seing email client is less goos than it was before
Wonder if it's just the Fenix frontend that's broken with PR1.3 or also the qtmailbackendthing?

Also, I'd say Fenix is better than Modest (although a bit more simplified). At least the N9 doesn't halt everything and burst into flames every half-hour like my N900 used to.