Active Topics

Can someone point me in the direction of how to find the country variant of my n9? Thanks guys

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by O'niZzy View Post
Agreed, that really sucks too. Hopefully soon Cutetube has a fix for us
I submitted an update to Nokia Store QA. https://sites.google.com/site/marxodian/home/news

My website

GitHub

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2012 @ new york, NY
Good man, I see you're on top of it !!!!

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2012 @ new york, NY
Originally Posted by biz78 View Post
Can someone point me in the direction of how to find the country variant of my n9? Thanks guys
Wow, I'm sorry you haven't received your OTA upgrade as yet. I'm not a pro at this but I'm sure others on here are helpful and more knowledgeable than I am. You can also do a manual install using NaviFirm. As far as variant is concerned I did a little research and found this :

SELECTING A FIRMWARE IMAGE (N9 SPECIFIC)

Main firmware images for the Nokia N9 are divided up into "variants" by regions of the world. Except for carrier-branded variants and the 003 (China) firmware, these images are more or less the same.

001 - Europe (1), Latin/South America, South Africa
003 - China
005 - Asia/Pacific (incl. Australia/New Zealand, excl. China)
006 - Middle East
009 - Europe (2)
2xx, 3xx, 4xx - "Country Variant" and carrier-branded images

In settings---> about product and under version, mine is PR1.3, then a long number under that ending in _PR_009. Not sure if this means mine is a European variant. I'm not sure if it said the same before the upgrade. Anyway, here's where I found this info http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82693 Good luck buddy

I'm still waiting for my PR1.3. I'm located on the west coast of Canada. My n9 is the 005 variant 16GB black. Don't know why it's taking so long...

Originally Posted by O'niZzy View Post
Wow, I'm sorry you haven't received your OTA upgrade as yet. I'm not a pro at this but I'm sure others on here are helpful and more knowledgeable than I am. You can also do a manual install using NaviFirm. As far as variant is concerned I did a little research and found this :

SELECTING A FIRMWARE IMAGE (N9 SPECIFIC)

Main firmware images for the Nokia N9 are divided up into "variants" by regions of the world. Except for carrier-branded variants and the 003 (China) firmware, these images are more or less the same.

001 - Europe (1), Latin/South America, South Africa
003 - China
005 - Asia/Pacific (incl. Australia/New Zealand, excl. China)
006 - Middle East
009 - Europe (2)
2xx, 3xx, 4xx - "Country Variant" and carrier-branded images

In settings---> about product and under version, mine is PR1.3, then a long number under that ending in _PR_009. Not sure if this means mine is a European variant. I'm not sure if it said the same before the upgrade. Anyway, here's where I found this info http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82693 Good luck buddy
I found out how - It is located on the sim tray. Mine is 059J245 Malaysia Blk 16GB. Checked Navifirm and no its not yet up there. So I guess I will have to wait....Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to biz78 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by biz78 View Post
I found out how - It is located on the sim tray. Mine is 059J245 Malaysia Blk 16GB. Checked Navifirm and no its not yet up there. So I guess I will have to wait....Thanks
Just in case you are not aware: if you want to re-flash you can use any variant, they are all the same except for the preloaded maps are different. Stick away from the Chinese though, some social services are disabled.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jd4200 For This Useful Post:
to be fair to my previous comment complaining about a sim free swiss country variant, the ota magically appeared almost the same day!

thank you nokia

The Following User Says Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
for some reason this is taking sooo much longer than PR1.2 to arrive to my phone via OTA still patiently waiting from malaysia for my black 64GB model

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Ive got a logo on my low power mode screen with pr 1.3

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert