Posts: 124 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Edmonton Canada
So I tested tonight and it works fine if I stream use the line in instead of BT.. Annoying to say the least..

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by isfr21 View Post
I heard that updating the BT stack protocols to support BT 4.0 is now closer to reality I think cause Linux is receiving that update or something. I don't know for sure but maybe that'll fix the problem hopefully.
I just asked about this in another thread. BT4.0 is sorely needed; but I doubt that the issue(s) with wifi+BT will be resolved in this manner.

You don't know how much I want to be wrong on this one though.

Weird, I have zero problems streaming Soma.fm on wifi while listening with my Stereo Bluetooth headphones on my N9. I just did a test and was streaming Soma.fm while also downloading the City scene App from Ovi Store while also switching between two browser sessions to keep in constant use of maximum bandwidth of my wifi, and had zero problems at all.

Are you guys sure you don't have some kind of subtle hardware issue?

Originally Posted by pataphysician View Post
Weird, I have zero problems streaming Soma.fm on wifi while listening with my Stereo Bluetooth headphones on my N9. I just did a test and was streaming Soma.fm while also downloading the City scene App from Ovi Store while also switching between two browser sessions to keep in constant use of maximum bandwidth of my wifi, and had zero problems at all.

Are you guys sure you don't have some kind of subtle hardware issue?
I've had two N9's and both suffered the exact same issue... iPhone/HTC OneX/Nokia N8 etc all had/have zero issues..

Originally Posted by slashd0t View Post
I've had two N9's and both suffered the exact same issue... iPhone/HTC OneX/Nokia N8 etc all had/have zero issues..
I have another N9 which I use for testing and tried on that with no problems as well. Could it be the combination of N9 and specific bluetooth speaker/headsets?, I am using a motorola s10-HD, I have some other stereo bluetooth headsets I might pull out and try just to see what happens.

i also.have zero issues with BT playing a WiFi stream. However, it could be related to the “volume” of the stream, and therefore could be related with some settings of the router. The router hardware quality can play a key role as well so it won't increase the load on the n9 antenna.
just saying.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
could it be a made in China and made in Finland difference?
my China n9 has no issues but rainisto clearly says that you cant have one antenna doing both jobs at the same time. Could others share their production make?

Originally Posted by taviman View Post
i also.have zero issues with BT playing a WiFi stream. However, it could be related to the “volume” of the stream, and therefore could be related with some settings of the router. The router hardware quality can play a key role as well so it won't increase the load on the n9 antenna.
just saying.

If it works fine on my old iPhone 4 and my Wife's iPhone 4s + my HTC One X there is no way I'm blaming my router for it.. The issue is with the N9.

Also, if I'm not connected via BT (just using headphones) it streams just fine.. Tested last night for about an hour where I listened @ 256 with only 1 buffer interruption..

Originally Posted by pataphysician View Post
I have another N9 which I use for testing and tried on that with no problems as well. Could it be the combination of N9 and specific bluetooth speaker/headsets?, I am using a motorola s10-HD, I have some other stereo bluetooth headsets I might pull out and try just to see what happens.

I'm using a Nokia Play 360..