Thanks to the Opera team for continuing support. Always nice to see our devices get updates.

The Following User Says Thank You to cincibluer6 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Pretoria, South Africa
Great to see a new version. I had given up any hope to see an update.

That said, I cant install it due to a "download error". After uninstalling my current version and installing the downloaded version from the cache it seems its exactly the same problem that happened with the Firefox update, incorrect file version linked. The file that was downloaded is v11.5

Anyone that has successfully downloaded it (I honestly don't know how it worked for you), please post the deb if you can. Thanks.

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Switzerland/Zurich
Originally Posted by derch View Post
anyone else getting the n9 keyboard only showing up in landscape?
I have exactly same issue

Remember..ths is "labs"

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Switzerland/Zurich
Originally Posted by Nosph3ratu View Post
That said, I cant install it due to a "download error"
I've been getting those errors for quite some time, but after playing with reboot/try again it finally worked - I guess persistence is a key (it took me 20+ minutes)

The Following User Says Thank You to don.edri For This Useful Post:
Notice the font. It's now Nokia Pure.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on May 2012 @ London/Hong Kong
Originally Posted by don.edri View Post
I have exactly same issue
Same thing experienced here

And more than 9 speed dial. Press and hold the speeddials to move them.

Last edited by AJMAL P.M; 2012-07-10 at 09:35.

Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
- Changes in opera 12 (on the N950):
- Opera is now available in more languages
Browsing works faster
- When a page is loading, the back arrow will change into an X, you can stop the page loading by tapping the stop icon.
- Closing tabs will only take 1 touch, previously version was double
- You can have more bookmarks on the frontpage
- You can scroll through the frontpage for your bookmarks
- You can replace the order of your bookmarks on the frontpage
- You can select more user agents (Default, S60, Android, MeeGo, Desktop)
- No harmattan virtual keyboard available when Opera keyboard is disabled, even if you slide in the hardware keyboard.
- Typing with hardware keyboard makes the first letter automatic a capital letter, wasnt like this before.
- You don't have to hold the 'fn' button anymore to type a special character, pressing 1 time 'fn' is enough.
- You don't have to hold the 'Shift' button anymore to type a capital letter, pressing 1 time 'Shift' is enough.
- You can highlight text the while holding down the Shift button and using the arrow keys.
- Key combinations like ctrl+c, ctrl+v, ctrl+x, ctrl+a works.

Bugs:
- The screen turns black if you leave Opera running for some time in the background. (Will turn back to normal if you scroll in the page)
- Hardware keyboard doesn't work if you have Opera keyboard enabled
- Somehow, you need to press enter twice to complete your input (on address bar and when you type in a small textbox, like a login screen)
- It doesn't asterisk the password at all, and will also make the first letter capital which could be a pain in the *ss. It will turn into asterisk only after you are out from the password input box.

This is what I found so far

Last edited by HtheB; 2012-07-10 at 10:09.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Those who can't find the update through Ovi Store, but can't wait for it: Here is the link to the .deb file.

Things that I found:
- The speed dials page has a "Manage" option now. Basically it lets you delete a speed dial, or rearrange the dials through drag and drop.
- I also felt that the overall experience has become smoother. The browser is as fast as ever.
- Text selection gives one more contextual option of "Search with..", providing various search engines to search through. I am not sure, though, if this is a new feature or an old one that I have never noticed.
- Closing tabs takes a single tap now, instead of the previous double tap.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrBhoot For This Useful Post: