Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
@davdav your log is almost empty it doesn't show a DNS error.

@llucax yeah I forgot about that, you can get the native OS descriptor from Qt.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by llucax View Post
If you can access the underlaying file descriptor (If you don't, QT sucks very hard :P), you can do whatever you want using the socket API directly.
http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qab...cketDescriptor

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ under the sky
the last online is not accurate at all, it only shows last online if i talk with the person. also i can't tell if someone blocked me or not. in whatsapp i can easily tell when i can't see online or last seen date.

so please in your next release try to fix last seen and implement the block feature.

thanks!

Originally Posted by TDSii View Post
the last online is not accurate at all, it only shows last online if i talk with the person. also i can't tell if someone blocked me or not. in whatsapp i can easily tell when i can't see online or last seen date.

so please in your next release try to fix last seen and implement the block feature.

thanks!
Yappari is *alpha* is not intended for end users yet.

Yappari doesn't have persistence yet that means every time you restart the application everybody is "Offline" again, no "last seen" records. That doesn't mean it is not accurate, it just means it is not ready.

Block feature won't be implemented any time soon.

Yappari 1.0.0 will have everything you're asking for, but you need to wait for like 6 months for that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 75 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ under the sky
no problem in waiting as long as I know the project is active. We value your work and effort.

I'll post a more detailed ToDo list (with the order I'm doing things) than the one we already have.

In other news I figured out that I need some stuff done before the multimedia messages so I had to work on contact synchronization, which is 90% ready. No need to modify your contacts anymore with a plus (+) sign, you can read the status of all your contacts, you can see the pictures of them (the same you have in your address book so far), and it's SAFE it's not a violation of your privacy.

Also some new persistence is there (open chats and contacts status).

Next release will be a lot of fun new features as always include new bugs that will make our lives miserable

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
@ Scorpius - Thanks for sharing this update, if not much can you also help us with the Smileys feature in that update.

As always appreciated the great work

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
Originally Posted by tonypower88 View Post
Is it possible to have http proxy support with authention ( userame & password ) ? like pidgin

I cannot connect to whatsapp service using yappari on the campus because they have http proxy with authention
seconded. this app isn't useful for me without the proxy support. Although i have th proxy setup in the system, and browsing and email are working, but this app can't connect.

Thank you for your work.

I'd like to give you smileys but that's complicated and I need more time for it.

Actually status of your contacts that have smileys will show "blocks".

About proxies: What would you do if you were using the official Whatsapp client then? that doesn't have proxy support...

You can try other solutions like OpenVPN.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Yappari 1.0.0 will have everything you're asking for, but you need to wait for like 6 months for that.
OKAY GUYS. 10th of Januari Yappari 1.0 will get released and we will go INSANE if it doesnt!!!1!1!!

J/K.

Other then that, is it already possible to view the people who are in a certain group?

The Following User Says Thank You to Wreck For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp