Active Topics

Originally Posted by lma View Post
So your "upgrade" is that you're now going to spend the next couple of years explaining to people that what you're holding is not a Lumia?

(sorry couldn't resist)
Haha It's funny because it's true. It has already happening lol

Originally Posted by helloct View Post
And install all my usefull stuff on it and get in return a "Wooaaawww! impossible!" lol
Now that would make his day! A slight OC, power kernel, dibble dobble transitions with Anna theme and 5gb image with a few choice installs would be like a whole new phone for him.

Originally Posted by wook_sf View Post
i would return it to him if i would fix it successfully though
You know, I will get in touch with him and put it to him.

Thanks guys, I start catching up on the Fix USB thread again.

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
Haha It's funny because it's true. It has already happening lol
i am upgrading to n900 too, in a week or so

Now that would make his day! A slight OC, power kernel, dibble dobble transitions with Anna theme and 5gb image with a few choice installs would be like a whole new phone for him.
can you do this to mine n900 and make usb stronger? i already messed 2 microusb ports (n97mini and e7) and really need to read all usb threads to prepare usb for me

You know, I will get in touch with him and put it to him.

Thanks guys, I start catching up on the Fix USB thread again.
that's a spirit make guy happy same as you were with n900

Originally Posted by lma View Post
So your "upgrade" is that you're now going to spend the next couple of years explaining to people that what you're holding is not a Lumia?

(sorry couldn't resist)
Before they have finish their sentences , I always just say no its not that phone on the commercials.

LOL I tried that once, then I found myself starting to explain what a windows phone was.

Well I finally got the phone and boy it has had a lot of use, the magnet has fallen out of the kickstand, there is a chip on the back, the screen has some play and the keyboard is wearing thing. In fact, it looks like it was a refurb at some point, It certainly does not have an original keyboard as the lacquer is rubbing off (?).

The USB port is still sturdy but twisted and will not respond when plugged in (as expected).

I got it home and started to looking to it as he what's the data off it at if anything at least and then I found there was no dev tools, back up menu or busybox. No root enabled, no ssh and no other repos added, this is definitely a users phone.

And now I am facing a problem, as I have enabled the repo's (extras & testing) only to find the darn thing is giving me "catalogues failed" error an will not allow me to update or remove them :/

Bugger. Let the fun begin