Posts: 101 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Lithuania
Originally Posted by pali View Post
just read error messages. this looks like corrupted rootfs. kernel cannot mount ubifs rootfs filesystem.
I see that. Then why with old version everything working ? I mean with 2012.04.1, but with this somehow my rootfs is corrupted ??

EDIT: tried to backup with backupmenu older rootfs same problem the newer version shows that my rootfs is corrupted.. But with older version of u-boot everything working good, no errors.. intresting.

Last edited by Nobless; 2012-07-16 at 08:32.

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Did you call the 'u-boot-update-bootmenu' after installing newer version of palis u-boot?

For adding framebuffer support, just read the last (2) pages, edit /sbin/preinit...

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Did you call the 'u-boot-update-bootmenu' after installing newer version of palis u-boot?

For adding framebuffer support, just read the last (2) pages, edit /sbin/preinit...
Of Course i did Does I'm look so dumb ? If I wouldn't updated, i can't able to see power, framebuffer, nitdroid kernels in bootmenu at all or even boot it :P

I'm going to read it, thanks

Last edited by Nobless; 2012-07-15 at 22:47.

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
I read it from 33 page and nothing about how to add framebuffer to kernel-power

just edit /sbin/preinit and add line "modprobe fbcon" before condition if exists file /bootmenu.sh

please note, that framebuffer module (fbcon) and also /sbin/preinit are stored in rootfs. If rootfs is corrupted no framebuffer output!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nobless View Post
I read it from 33 page and nothing about how to add framebuffer to kernel-power
Oops. I was with my mind in different thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...onsole&page=13
Sorry. But pali already explained completely

--
And for your other problem (just a shot in the dark):
your penguin looks a bit outfashioned in contrast to the penguin of u-boot 2012-04. Looks more like matans version.
Maybe the flash of u-boot (with attached kernel) does not flash correctly and leave old u-boot bootimage in NAND? pali?
I do have observed that behaviour wtih multiboot (and its way of flashing). There I needed to load/flash once the nitdroid kernel to get rid of u-boot.
Try to manually flash only kernel via USB. Then you should boot up without u-boot and into stock kernel.
After that install again u-boot-flasher. And report, please.
Or wait for palis comment on that...

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2012-07-16 at 13:16.

Pali,
what does it really mean rootfs is corrupted, because everything working except your newer u-boot version it cant load kernels, with older version rootfs is not corrupted and everything works like a charm. Is there any way to solve "corrupted" rootfs without flashing it ?

peterleinchen,
I tried this. After fails of loading the power or stock kernels with 2012-04-2 version I flashed via USB same stock and power kernels and both boots up without problems And reinstalled u-boot both packages tools and flasher so many times, even i can't count it :P still same problem. But.. if I install 2012-04 version no errors and u-boot loads kernels without problems - no errors about corrupted rootfs.

Last edited by Nobless; 2012-07-16 at 13:49.

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Which hardware revision is your N900? Somewhere in that thread are instrunctions how to check. I somehow think this may be related.

After kernel flashing via USB the u-boot was gone?

Do you have SD card inside? Pull out and try again.
If not, put one inside and try again. (preferably this, as I have one inside)

The thing I imagine here is mixing of devices mmc0/mmc1.
(--edit which may be nonsense, as error is about mounting ubifs)

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2012-07-16 at 16:28.

Originally Posted by misiak View Post
Which hardware revision is your N900? Somewhere in that thread are instrunctions how to check. I somehow think this may be related.
i remember it 2104

The Following User Says Thank You to Nobless For This Useful Post:

Tags
bootmenu, u-boot