Hi mbanck

how does the toggle button for Distance/Time-to-arrival work. If I'm push this, there are no effect for me. Only the time and distance is showing.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by jimthefly View Post
Hi mbanck

how does the toggle button for Distance/Time-to-arrival work. If I'm push this, there are no effect for me. Only the time and distance is showing.
Ok, let me clarify the situation ...

mbanck have already made al the TTD calculation logic working fine.

Now I'm in touch with sony123 for the toggle button TTD/Distance switch.

It would be better to wait until we tested the functionnality with sony123 before release any patch that can prevent the drive app to start (we are actually in this bad step ...).

So please wait and don't forget we all do the work in our free time ...

A++

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to colin.stephane For This Useful Post:
Hi colin.stephane,
excuse my impatience. I've read about the role and was thrilled. This feature I miss most in Drive. And all of you do a great work.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Hi colin.stephane,
excuse my impatience. I've read about the role and was thrilled. This feature I miss most in Drive. And all of you do a great work.
No problems, but just for information sony123 go bed right now :-)

By the way I have made a big mistake, thinking I have updated the unstable full patch where it was not ...

I have corrected my mistake now.

To quickly apply :

- copy the patch (stable or unstable) to the device.

then devel-su and use this one line installation (modify the bold part to reflect your location) :

Code:
apt-get install -y --reinstall nokia-drive-qml && sync && patch -p0 -i /where_you_transfered_the/Patch-to-enable-traffic-and-day-night-autoswitch-in-drive-for-N9-PR1.3+ETA-UNSTABLE.diff
A++

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to colin.stephane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by colin.stephane View Post
Now I'm in touch with sony123 for the toggle button TTD/Distance switch.

It would be better to wait until we tested the functionnality with sony123 before release any patch that can prevent the drive app to start (we are actually in this bad step ...).
Yay!

By the way, I think it would be neat to also calculate the ETA (estimated time of arrival, should be fairly easy), and have a three-way cycle DIST, TTD, ETA.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mbanck For This Useful Post:
Surely ETA is just current time + TTD

Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
Surely ETA is just current time + TTD
Yeah, modulo handling of units and seconds/minutesh/hours conversion. Fairly simple, as I said.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by colin.stephane View Post
Hi all,

After clarifications, here is a patch taking care of all remarks I found in this thread (auto Day/Night Mode, Traffic option enabled and properly refreshed button) :

Stable (Enable Traffic + Auto Switch Day/Night mode) :

- Patch-to-enable-traffic-and-day-night-autoswitch-in-drive-for-N9-PR1.3.diff

Unstable (Enable Traffic + Auto Switch Day/Night mode + Estimated Time Arrival) :

- Patch-to-enable-traffic-and-day-night-autoswitch-in-drive-for-N9-PR1.3+ETA-UNSTABLE.diff

Can someone apply it and report if all goes well ?

A++

- Edit #1 : Added changes from mbanck on post #143 ...
- Edit #2 : Like mbanck stated on post #146, reverting back, the time he can propose something more usable (correct refreshing of Distance/ETA).
- Edit #3 : Ok, to avoid troubles, managing a new full patch containing lasts changes about Estimated Arrival Time support from mbank on post #149.
- Edit #4 : Added latest patch from mbanck on post #152 to Stable & Unstable since it doesn't hurt ...
- Edit #5 : Added latest patch from mbanck on post #162 to Unstable (Refreshing & Cosmetic for TTD Time To Destination) ...
Pardon my n00biness, how does one install these patches? I appreciated the ease of jd4200's #27 post but have no idea how to use .diff files. Cheers.

Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
Pardon my n00biness, how does one install these patches? I appreciated the ease of jd4200's #27 post but have no idea how to use .diff files. Cheers.
Hi tomtom,

look at the first thread and you find this command:

patch -p0 -i Patch-to-enable-traffic-and-day-night-autoswitch-in-drive-for-N9-PR1.3.diff

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimthefly For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
Hi tomtom,

look at the first thread and you find this command:

patch -p0 -i Patch-to-enable-traffic-and-day-night-autoswitch-in-drive-for-N9-PR1.3.diff

it don't works how install these .diff or mbanck's patch please.

The Following User Says Thank You to Iryus For This Useful Post: