Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I think it's high time that the bickering done here in the public is taken to private conversations with the goal of sorting things out and the resolutions made pubic.

Even I have to say (ironic or not) that it ultimately weakens the community.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Yeah, this isn't even entertaining :-(

(Texrat: I stand corrected)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
i think it's good. As before not everyone understood who Estel is, now he is showing more and more his true face.

P.S. i always wonder about whom he is talking while always saying "now community can see the truth" and things like that. Does he still believe people actually would trust him after all he did/said?

Last edited by ZogG; 2012-07-17 at 15:00.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I think it's high time that the bickering done here in the public is taken to private conversations with the goal of sorting things out and the resolutions made pubic.

Even I have to say (ironic or not) that it ultimately weakens the community.
trolling in private is called harassment...
isn't there already a law against that @ least
¦-)))))))))))

what's pitiful with this case is that it involves directly the Council; this indeed does nothing to further the cause of the Community

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
i think it's good. As before not everyone understood who Estel is, now he is showing more and more his true face.

P.S. i always wonder about whom he is talking while always saying "now community can see the truth" and things like that. Does he still believe people actually would trust him after all he did/said?
patent case of person being delusional...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I think its time for you "serious" people to think what you post around here. I have to say personally that you made a mess of nothing, sure you are allowed to make points if you find something you don't agree with, but you forces this small snowball to a big ice cliff. and for what? when does it end?

If you don't agree with something, vote for someone else in the next election and stop backstabbing, talk about other people and why they have done or said stuff you don't have a clue about. You are acting really unprofessional and you are hurting the community much more than you know.

I lose faith in most of you here and I cant say that even if i like to post useless posts and strange things I would never go after someone like you do, I maybe post my critics against someone when i think its necessary, like now. But when I made my point I move on. You should all do the same.

You think you all are right all the time. Take a step back and ask yourself what you trying to achieve with this never ending story. Be the bigger man and give in and move on.

You act like Rookies...

...I don't want see another post in this thread or simular thread from any of you unless it's contructive. Good day!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-07-18 at 10:23.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
[...]

...I don't want see another post in this thread or simular thread from any of you unless it's contructive. Good day!
i may simply point out to you that nobody forces you to read the posts but obviously on a Council thread posts should be Community related, indeed and not about one person only...
unless that person is a member of the Council who posts a lot of garbage on the thread.

that's why i suggested a few days ago that this "Council" thread is shut down & a new one started, to close the chapter

still an option, mind yourself

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Council's internal mail (for which, I still have - unfortunately - access, despite my kind request to remove me, send to current chair, if this function even still exist at all...)?
The request was forwarded, but took a couple days to process. We got confirmation yesterday, so if you continue to get Council mail now, please let us know so we can look into it.

Our focus is now fully on the community. Foremost on our agenda is creating a foundation for the continuation of the community as support from Nokia spins down. We presented an initial draft of bylaws for the new entity on the community ML last week, and will be posting an updated version to the blog, TMO, and possibly the wiki for further discussion in the very near future.

There's a lot to do, and limited time to do it in. Anyone who would like to contribute (on any of the multiple projects going on) is welcomed to join in. How would one do that you ask?

Council holds weekly open meetings on Fridays @ 18:00UTC (Freenode, #maemo-meeting). All are welcome to attend and contribute. If you are unable to attend but would like a topic introduced or discussed, or would like to volunteer for projects, you may always mail Council {at} maemo.org with your topic, concern, or request. I also prepare minutes for each meeting and post them to the Council Blog with links to the raw channel log within a few days of the meeting.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Dear council, with all the changes ahead can you see any in the pipeline that could affect the voting mechanism for the coding competition? As we did with last year's competition, we would like to use the maemo.org council voting functionality for deciding winners and ranking entrants. The competition runs to early September and we're aiming for voting to commence a week after.

Thanks for looking into this for us

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Dear council, with all the changes ahead can you see any in the pipeline that could affect the voting mechanism for the coding competition? As we did with last year's competition, we would like to use the maemo.org council voting functionality for deciding winners and ranking entrants. The competition runs to early September and we're aiming for voting to commence a week after.

Thanks for looking into this for us
We have the compromise from Nokia to maintain the servers until end of year, so it shouldn't be a problem.

In fact, the idea is to use the same mechanism for next Council election.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:

Tags
ask council, ask the council, community, councilors, questions