Active Topics

Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
Incidently, the "supported version with closed bits plus unsupported testing/debugging community version" is a model that has been proven to work.
When and where exactly did that ever work?

Originally Posted by specc View Post
Read the interview!!!
I did, and as a result I am reserving my enthusiasm. Note that I am not claiming anything to be true.

Or you think Jolla is lying?
I think that, as the CEO, he wants to answer as many questions as he can but specifics and details are things that he cannot fill out at this time. He can only give vague hints as to what's coming, and either isn't sure how to phrase it or has no real specifics/no decisions have been made.

Just a charade to scare away everyone but the die hird suckers?
I think you need to chill out a bit.

Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
I did, and as a result I am reserving my enthusiasm. Note that I am not claiming anything to be true.

I think that, as the CEO, he wants to answer as many questions as he can but specifics and details are things that he cannot fill out at this time. He can only give vague hints as to what's coming, and either isn't sure how to phrase it or has no real specifics/no decisions have been made.

I think you need to chill out a bit.
They are releasing a phone this year! Clearly everything must be set in stone at this moment. They have been working on it for almost a year.

i think people need to shut the **** up for the next few months and wait, because am certain if they generate enough money from the first set of sales for an open phone it may come. or they might think **** it weve made our profit.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
They are releasing a phone this year! Clearly everything must be set in stone at this moment. They have been working on it for almost a year.
NO that is completely wrong, Nothing is ever set in stone.

one of many examples Raspberry Pi : the DAY it hit the manufacturing assembly they had to recall it to replace the Ethernet socket!

Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
NO that is completely wrong, Nothing is ever set in stone.

one of many examples Raspberry Pi : the DAY it hit the manufacturing assembly they had to recall it to replace the Ethernet socket!
Touche' [not] However, I will STFU now. Somehow this comes into my head:

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
They are announcing a phone this year. Bit different.

Anyone have a feeler on how far they are compared to Tizen? Tizen should have a lead start, but you know how it is with Intel and OS project reboots.

Tizen is too secretive and too tightly controlled. Zero open development about it. So too hard to compare to something like Mer and derivatives.

We do know their developer prototype though, but that doesn't say anything about commercially available. However, given that they put fairly big (equally sized as Windows@Phone) Bada aside for Tizen, I think they would feel a need to have a few devices out this year... /speculation

Either way, with Jolla and Tizen, there's at least some work for "disruption". When Nokia started taking out their frustration on the N9 before it was even in sales, I didn't see any hope for an open platform.

Edit: clarification: I didn't see any prospects for one.

Last edited by volt; 2012-07-19 at 00:04.

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla