Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
oh so it seems you need to have a google account and have Gtalk enabled in accounts, how do you add friends to google talk?
Add them in contacts

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
My pr1.3 OTA update is cool, smooth, fast, and no problem at all, impressive battery-life, sadly maybe this is the last update from nokia, :'(

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
Yeah, it is my experience, but I've noticed many people in other places with at least one problem in common. I'm unfortunate to have all of them in one device. Maybe I had some bad installation before or maybe something else happened, but I'm not saying others are wrong.. I'm just saying that a number of people do have issues with PR 1.3 but their phones were perfect before. I still don't know what bug fixes were done, but I do like MeeGo and N9. And yes, battery life has definitely improved. I'll go and hard reset the device.. Start fresh, and hopefully these problems should go away.

on a side note: drive app didn't work at all today. Was stuck at loading. And the google video isn't working even after I reinstalled from the store. I can receive calls, but not make them. Keeps getting dc. Weird. I'm thinking more and more that some order of installations and tweaks messed it up.

but yeah, maybe I am the minority.. And I do not like that
I'm not sure what U got but what always worked for me is FasterN9 + Drop Cache, though I had lag problems after 1.3 until adviced by Godofwar that FasterN9 has to be uninstalled before update, which I didn't do. I then uninstalled FasterN9 after the update, phone became worse and I paniced a bit, the put the F9 back, reboot the phone and Heyyyy never seen this phone this smooth. Ave Consumption always between 7mA and 25mA, I consider this good. I personally would never wanna go back to prev updates. I'm loving my phone. Can't wait for Drop Cache to Auto Refresh independently, and to get the next update of Wazapp. If we lucky enough maybe get Tapatalk and Skype Video calls as most of my friends don't use Gtalk. I wish suggestion words on Keyboard could be slightly bigger too as most of the time I seem to miss them.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Muzimak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
Got the "Mail accounts disappearing" bug today. I restarted without rebuilding anything, and hey presto my mail accounts were back.

Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
So far I have been trough 3 cycles of charging/discharging my N9 since PR1.3 - I notice improvement in power consumption. All 3 times I got to 48 hours, without even PSM mode been engaged at 10% battery level. So phone probably will go over 55 hours autonomity.
This is with always on Wi-Fi/2G, 3xIMAP always up-to-date, 10-20 emails/daily(read+write), 20 SMS's (received+send), 1.0-1.5 hours of browsing/twitter daily.
This is really impressive! I wish I could achieve half of what you are getting. My black 64GB N9 can last around 11h doing less than what you are doing and having PSM kicking in at 10%... Really disappointing. Quite don't know what to do.

Last edited by carlosecpf; 2012-07-17 at 01:05. Reason: spelling

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
I'm not sure what U got but what always worked for me is FasterN9 + Drop Cache, though I had lag problems after 1.3 until adviced by Godofwar that FasterN9 has to be uninstalled before update, which I didn't do. I then uninstalled FasterN9 after the update, phone became worse and I paniced a bit, the put the F9 back, reboot the phone and Heyyyy never seen this phone this smooth. Ave Consumption always between 7mA and 25mA, I consider this good. I personally would never wanna go back to prev updates. I'm loving my phone. Can't wait for Drop Cache to Auto Refresh independently, and to get the next update of Wazapp. If we lucky enough maybe get Tapatalk and Skype Video calls as most of my friends don't use Gtalk. I wish suggestion words on Keyboard could be slightly bigger too as most of the time I seem to miss them.
Gtalk video works fine, but when I press call, and the other person receives it, it gets disconnected. But when the other person calls, regardless of which device they're on, it works fine. I dunno what's wrong here, since I did reinstall most apps after the update.

and yeah man.. Skype video + wazzap update + drop cache auto .. This will make it fawesome maybe we can start a new thread and see if we can get an amazing developer to make the suggestion words hit area to be larger.. ?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by don.edri View Post
So finally I've been tired of waiting and flashed pr 1.3 to my phone. After spending hours to get back all my apps and playing with it for a day, my impressions are:

- it seems a little bit faster, although not as fast as pr 1.2 + fastern9 (example: try loading a webpage, swipe it away, go to your main screen / notification screen and try to move around - for my there was an unpleasant shuttering), installing faster n9 on pr 1.3 makes it better

- 3G/2G connectivity improved + webpages load faster

- Ovi store was much faster when downloading and installing apps

- contrary to what I've read before, when I move my icons/folders around I still to have confirm it with "done" rather then just tap wherever to finish

- the tendency of my screen to get "reddish" in bright daylight vanished (previously the "white balance" was normal in low/medium light conditions and when I got outside on a sunny day it seemed to try to increase it's brightness and it would turn really reddish - to clarify, I always set my screen to maximum brightness, but this only happened in bright sun) nope, my bad - this annoying thing is still there...

- haptic feedback of keyboards (both stock and swype) is improved, still stock seems more responsive than swype when typing

- it's harder to unintentionally "click" on your notification screen and be moved to facebook or sth - big +

Otherwise, everything seems business as usual.
Thanks for sharing that, would be appreciated if you could put it into the change-log thread.
Mainly just the bits that your think aren't already highlighted in the OP.

Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
So far I have been trough 3 cycles of charging/discharging my N9 since PR1.3 - I notice improvement in power consumption. All 3 times I got to 48 hours, without even PSM mode been engaged at 10% battery level. So phone probably will go over 55 hours autonomity.
This is with always on Wi-Fi/2G, 3xIMAP always up-to-date, 10-20 emails/daily(read+write), 20 SMS's (received+send), 1.0-1.5 hours of browsing/twitter daily.
That's pretty good, maybe there should be a new thread/doc for tips on optimising ones power consumption?
It's been done before, but there's always new users that can benefit from a primer.

Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
Quoting my own original issue, I seemed stumbled upon a quick fix by installing Open Video Player. Been able to play the clip smoothly again
Thanks, good one to share here, that what that thread's for.

Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
I have to admit that I had my doubts about PR 1.3, but it freakin' rocks! It's blazing fast with FasterN9, N9QuickTweaks (Tweak A), and Opera v.12 as the default browser. I was overclocked to 1.375GHz on PR 1.2, but the current set up is faster and smoother.
I highly recommend that you reflash using the Flasher and Navifirm!
Glad to hear! And def. agreed about a clean clash to PR1.3...
Especially if you've previously been side-loading or playing with hacks/twks/mods.
Or even if you just have LOTS of apps being installed or uninstalled constantly.
And then make sure you don't add anything that isn't yet deemed suitable for PR1.3.

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
Almost 1,5years now, and still no document-editor ?
#facepalm
1.5yrs?
And you're still surprised this isn't a feature release, bit slow aren't we?

Originally Posted by ZiiimZooon View Post
Will the N9 possibly gets better after Pr1.3 if you Factory Reset it? or reinstall pr1.3 on a clean N9? or isnt it true?
Yes it can, depends on your set-up, the apps/hacks/mods you have, & whether or not they clash or are sub-optimal for a patch to PR1.3 (OTA update).

Battery life in these new phones is such a joke, we might as well call them Landlines!!
Tis the modern smartphone dilemma everywhere, sadly.

Guys I heard most of you say WiFi connectivity has grown faster, not that it bothers me but today I happened to spend a couple of minutes with my son's Galaxy Ace, I clicked on WiFi On and it activated almost instantly, only then I noticed N9 is slower in this department. Has it really improved?
WiFi perf/range/stability is notoriously diff. to gauge, depends so much on your local set-up & how well the built-in client interfaces with your AP/router.
The N9's built-in client may go "gang busters" with one router/AP + home/work env, whereas it may be abysmal for another, same for any other client.
But yes, on average it does seem to be quite mediocre compared to some S^3 predecessors or other makes/models, def. has improved with 1.3 for me personally though.
Only a certain amt of radiation's allowed to emanate from the case, it wasn't going to pass regulatory requirements unless they dropped cellular, wifi, or both a few notches.
Apparently they decided not to compromise on cellular performance at the expense of making WiFi suboptimal...

Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
I'll go and hard reset the device.. Start fresh, and hopefully these problems should go away.
Clean flash is more ideal than a hard reset if you can do it.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-19 at 08:56. Reason: typo

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
So far Pr1.3 is full of bugs and problems. Wasn't the bugs supposed to be fixed in Pr1.3?

The obvious (dumb ***) question is: Will there be a Pr1.4 ? or have they all left, every single person at Nokia?

My Lumia 800 receives updates every other week, some small, some big. The same way we are used to from Symbian phones. Why can't this be done on Harmattan?

I still got my N9 as a second everyday phone, but this Pr1.3 is so disappointing I may as well retire it altogether.

Another thing. Is there any way to downgrade the FW? The flasher won't allow it, but is there some other way?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
See this & the change-log thread, lots of stuff has been fixed, & that's only what people have noticed or bothered to report.
Of course many issues remain, & even some new things have crept in, hard to have rock-solid stability/QC as your team's shrinking around you.
Hard to know if there'll be PR1.4, doubtful, there are still people in the team, but it's even smaller now.
My Lumia hasn't received updates "every other week'.....
There's been more but not heaps more, & all have been small compared to the N9's, & it's usually impossible to know everything they do.
S^3 phones don't get updates as regularly as the Lumias, not even close...

Another thing. Is there any way to downgrade the FW? The flasher won't allow it, but is there some other way?
If you're referring to downgrade in the sense of downgrading back to PR1.2, IIRC there's not, & it makes little sense that you'd want to.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-19 at 15:23. Reason: typo

after updated to pr1.3,i can't login twitter and FB apps can't open.What actually happened to my lovely n9

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert