Originally Posted by Nobless View Post
I have some problems with new version of u-boot.
I believe I have been hit by the same or a similar problem. I had been using 2012.04-1 with maemo's kernel, kp50 and ubuntu on the uSD.

Today I installed 2012.04-2:
1. installed tools and flasher *without* removing 2012.04-1;
2. changed item files: sed -i 's/REUSEATAGS/OMAPATAG/' *.item
3. ran u-boot-update-bootmenu
On reboot bootmenu shows fine, but neither maemo nor kp50 can boot maemo. Both poweroff the device after the 20s timeout. Ubuntu on uSD boots fine.

My mistake, I think to myself, and so I reflash the kernel. System boots, I purge tools and flasher, and install them again. Next bootmenu is updated and reboot, but no changes: maemo's kernel and kp50 bomb out, ubuntu boots fine.

While in ubuntu I fsck'd all mmc partitions, and found no errors. HW rev is 2204, if that matters.

I had to flash the kernel again, and to be sure, I purged 2012.04-2 debs and reinstalled 2012.04-1, and reverted the ATAGs changes, and... now everything works again.

So for my device there is a regression with version 2012.04-2.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to caveman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 101 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Lithuania
the same goes with mine n900 i also tried everything u did.

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Mumai,India
I didnt understand the first post abt installing Kernel Power with U-boot...Can anyone explain in noob language how am I supposed to get Kernel Poower(50) to work with U-boot.I also need to get bootmenu because I use Nitdroid and Backupmenu.....can anyone please help me?

When I try to install Uboot,it says that hostmode conflicts with it....does that mean I can never use USB-hostmode if I switch to Uboot?

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Please, could anyone point me to any tutorial or how-to, about migrating from an already existing multiboot installation (with Nitdroid and backupmenu) to an uboot/bootmenu based one?

Or do I need to first uninstall all the stuff (Nitdroid, backupmenu, KP, multiboot) and start over?
Hey ivgalvez,
I do have multibbot, backupmenu-multiboot (assuming you too?) and u-boot here. But no bootmenu. This is easy.
If you really want/need bootmenu, you need to deinstall multiboot and also backupmenu-multiboot and start all over.
But I like the possibility to easily flash kernels during bootup. Modified multiboots preinit to have framebuffer support and also recovery shell (and inactive ramzswap early enabling).

So make your mind up and I will think about steps necessary, but falling asleep now...

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 70 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Mumai,India
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Hey ivgalvez,
I do have multibbot, backupmenu-multiboot (assuming you too?) and u-boot here. But no bootmenu. This is easy.
If you really want/need bootmenu, you need to deinstall multiboot and also backupmenu-multiboot and start all over.
But I like the possibility to easily flash kernels during bootup. Modified multiboots preinit to have framebuffer support and also recovery shell (and inactive ramzswap early enabling).

So make your mind up and I will think about steps necessary, but falling asleep now...
Even I use Uboot within Multiboot,but no Bootmenu.Booting out of Uboot seems to frequently cause problems

Originally Posted by caveman View Post
Today I installed 2012.04-2:
1. installed tools and flasher *without* removing 2012.04-1;
2. changed item files: sed -i 's/REUSEATAGS/OMAPATAG/' *.item
3. ran u-boot-update-bootmenu
On reboot bootmenu shows fine, but neither maemo nor kp50 can boot maemo. Both poweroff the device after the 20s timeout. Ubuntu on uSD boots fine.
I followed step 1 and step3. I am not having any trouble.
Booted Maemo (Stock), KP51 and Ubuntu without any issue.
My rev is 2101

I think issue might be related to ATAGs.

Originally Posted by lalit View Post
I think issue might be related to ATAGs.
How are your item files regarding ATAGs?

Originally Posted by caveman View Post
How are your item files regarding ATAGs?
I was wrong. Issue is some where else.

My item files are mix, some are using REUSEATAGS and some are using OMAPATAGS. But this does not matter as u-boot-update-bootmenu script takes care of that. It will write "setenv setup_omap_atag 1" for each REUSEATAGS and OMAPATAGS into bootmenu.scr

Try with KP51.
I getting good performance in KP51

Last edited by lalit; 2012-07-21 at 16:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to lalit For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
my N900 always fails to work with this u-boot version. each time i try, i can't even run Maemo using default kernel, let alone Nemo/Debian/whatever.

However, the 'old' uboot-pr13 works. is it probably something with my hardware?

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Lithuania
still no news here.. Can someone upload 2012.04-1 version of u-boot because i deleted old one..

Tags
bootmenu, u-boot