Active Topics

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-07-19 at 09:22.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Hey,

As per a discussion that started here....
I've started a google doc here where everyone's free to brainstorm & place Qns you want to ask Jolla Mobile.
After a while I'll close-it-off and reformat if/where necessary.

Cheers.

EDIT: fixed access now.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-19 at 17:22.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by lma View Post
That's true. You have to wonder why they decided to start announcing stuff now if they're not ready, but whatever rocks their boat (pun intended) I suppose.
If they had delayed their announcement(s), this forum would have been defunct, no longer funded and folks would have disbanded and jumped ship to other platforms and forums.

I don't care about their strategy.
I'm happy they have one.

So again, I have to wonder why they would start announcing vague stuff when they know they'll only disappoint in the end?
Vague now, but it's based on concrete concepts - Mer, community, MeeGo, et al.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
okay the Google doc's acting freaking weird, can someone please confirm that you can edit it once you go to that link?
If not I'll just have to manually grab the questions/ideas posted here and throw them into the doc.

EDIT: Nvm looking good now, still looks like a ghost town though, oh no I speak too soon, it's alive! ;-P

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-19 at 17:25.

works fine, type what you want and close it, dont even have to save

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
okay the Google doc's acting freaking weird, can someone please confirm that you can edit it once you go to that link?
If not I'll just have to manually grab the questions/ideas posted here and throw them into the doc.

EDIT: Nvm looking good now, still looks like a ghost town though, oh no I speak too soon, it's alive! ;-P
It's seems to be working fine mate. I have just added 2 questions and saw another member editing it too.

IB Times article updated after Jolla contacted them for clarification:

UPDATE: Jolla Mobile has been in touch to clarify the company's commitment to a developer version of the MeeGo smartphone.

"There were a couple of quotes from Jussi Hurmola about the product. I think they were translated from Finnish to English and misunderstood, or then the developer edition was left out," the spokewoman says, pointing to Hurmola's comments about the phone being a smartphone for the mass market and not being intended for Linux hackers.

On the original posting by Mantylahti this was followed by bullet pointed information of a developer edition: "We are however planning on creating a development version of the phone for open source community, those interested in Linux and open systems and for partners."

"Jolla is going to release a developer edition of the device which gives full access to linux hackers and technology enthusiasts. Jolla will fully support the communities and be part of them, and wants them to be part of creating and developing our device," the spokeswoman confirmed.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/36...ngry-birds.htm

Ok, this is getting silly. For the love of $DEITY, can someone clarify which of the following (all of which have been claimed at one time or other) is true?
  1. there will be one device without any locking, it's just that consumers aren't interested in flashing kernels
  2. there will be one device that's locked by default but with an open "developer" mode
  3. there will be a locked consumer device and an open "developer" edition one

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla