Active Topics

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Here's a thought: why don't we do our own interview? We could collect questions here and once we have a good set have the council forward them via email, or perhaps a moderated chat on #maemo-meeting?
It's a great idea, but do we have to ask the Council to do this? They've got their work cut out with the whole transition thing and to heap more work might be unkind.

I think the moderated chat idea might be far better so people ca ask what they like, and Jolla can answer what they want to. Although can we already do that at #jollamobile?

The Following User Says Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Have you been READING the main thread & comments from people involved in the project AND closely associated entities?
Apparently not......
No "wackoness" here, but thanks for the compliment, just inferring from what we know, and what has been explained.
Please don't feed the troll...

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Might I suggest that they try to get their PR message together and put it on an official website or something rather than badly translated interviews and random posts on twitter and facebook?
Yes they should have a site but setting up such proffesionell site is not done in a week, they can't just setup a random "wordpress site" with all the attention they had gotten latelly.

Give them some time for got sake. Have anyone here ever tried to setup a new company? I doubt....

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2012-07-19 at 16:25.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
It's a great idea, but do we have to ask the Council to do this? They've got their work cut out with the whole transition thing and to heap more work might be unkind.

I think the moderated chat idea might be far better so people ca ask what they like, and Jolla can answer what they want to. Although can we already do that at #jollamobile?
Better to formulate a list of Qns systematically, instead of devising them on-the-spot in a chat session...
Even if we had pre-formulated Qns, still best to let them have time to mull over them, instead of having to answer "real-time" in a chat session.
Even if they had time to mull over them before the chat session, it's still all a bit messy, not to mention exlusionary.
The thread's best suited IMO, we can link to a Google doc or wiki from it, so we have one central repository in which to place all our thoughts/Qns.
Then when done we can send the link & they can answer in-line, or directly in the thread, whatever suits.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-19 at 16:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
jalyst i think you should start a thread where people can post their suggested questions then accordingly create a wiki for it....if everyone from the very beginning starts editing the wiki, its going to be a mess and some people as we have seen earlier today will just be posting madness...

Okay I've placed a link to a google doc in the main thread here.
If others strongly disagree with this approach for some reason we can do something else, doesn't bother me either way.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-19 at 16:49.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
I can confirm that Bernd is an employee and this is accurate.

Think 'developer mode' that doesn't suck and enables you to flash own OS/kernel if you want.
Fremantle?

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
[...]
Well, I can only assume they have very poor reading comprehension or they just enjoy flame-baiting.
or simply don't have the time to read nearly 1'000 posts...

Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
not yet locked :-O :S (how to add tags? )

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
or simply don't have the time to read nearly 1'000 posts...
Nice of you to conveniently omit the sentence before the one you quoted:

Exactly, the people that still don't get this but have been reading the main thread & other main sources.
Well, I can only assume they have very poor reading comprehension or they just enjoy flame-baiting.
Anyway, why flog a dead horse, we're going to get answers to many of the lingering Qns now.
Which should hopefully make people at least a bit happier...

Tags
jolla, misunderstand, notespecsorgtfo, note_spec_only, open_ur_speccs, specc is the, troll ericsson, typical_specc