When are you going to submit these questions to Jolla and where will the follow up be posted?

Last edited by shmerl; 2012-07-20 at 18:06.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
When are you going to submit these questions to Jolla and where will the foll up be posted?
I'm fine with the council deciding that if they feel it's best that our concerns/Qns are relayed via them.
Unless most prefer to proceed with our own direct Q&A with them, easy either way.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Sure, but at least this way the Qns are devised by, & coming directly from, the entire community.
Once done he can reformat for better clarity if needs be, and then forward them the link.
Yes, that's the idea. Maybe if the questions come from "official" source, they will pay more attention to it.

So he plans to reformat the doc for clarity & send them the link, or will he just grab/rejig what's there & email them 1-1?
N.B. we already discussed why a IRC chat session with them wouldn't be optimal, & discounted it for that reason.

TY.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-20 at 20:24. Reason: typo

Don't get me wrong, but, honestly, I think that (also after having had a quick look at the questions) this is just pointless.
Having followed this thread here, I strongly believe that there should be much more patience instead of all this speculation and reading between the lines.

In a nutshell, what we know so far is that they announced a handheld device with something called "Jolla" that will be based on Mer. What they will do in the end is actually up to them.

We will see what it will be when it's done. To stress quite an old quote once more: "It's done when it's done.".

Fair point, but someone made the suggestion & quite few liked the idea, & we've started so lets see where it goes.
Hopefully not just more epic troll territory (one can pray), at the very least a better informed picture of where things (roughly) are going.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by Wonko View Post

In a nutshell, what we know so far is that they announced a handheld device with something called "Jolla" that will be based on Mer. What they will do in the end is actually up to them.

We will see what it will be when it's done. To stress quite an old quote once more: "It's done when it's done.".
Agree.

Plus both on interviews and on Twitter they have made it pretty clear that they don't want to give any spesifics or make any detailed promises until "it's done when it's done." I actually like that. Too many open source inspired stuff has been paraded, promised and then been turned into vaporware. Mildly optimisticly waiting to see what they have planned, once they are ready to reveal it.

Thing is, they have been terrible at communicating, to the point where we now have three different and conflicting statements coming from them regarding device lockdown. So inevitably at least some people are going to draw at least some wrong conclusions. It can't hurt to give Jolla an opportunity to clarify things, if they want.

Also, some sort of early input can help them to plan community integration. Stuff about documentation, development resources and etc. Hopefully they'll avoid problems like jumping between TMO + Meego.com + Nokia-developer to gather bits of documentation and FAQs and etc. There is Mer Wiki now so I wonder what they plan to do with all that.

I see where you are coming from Wonko and you are right, Jolla will give more information when they are ready.

However I do believe that jalyst and all of those who have added to the document are trying to make something positive from out of the dog pile that this topic has turned into.

Now with all of their comments about involving the community and own CC planning to contact them, this gives US (TMO members) a chance to ask a few questions of our own. It would be a nice guesture to us if they were to acknowledge our questions, even to reply with 'no details yet'.

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla