Active Topics

Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
When I leave my N9 charging over night it charges full in few hours and then wont charge anymore and goes down to 95% charge and cant even put power safing mode for night because charger is plugged in.

So could it be fixed somehow that it starts charging at 97-98% again so I would have full battery when I wake up and go to work or school.

Old nokia phones said battery full but still started charging again soon.

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
Yep, and they were destroying battery. You have not that easily replaceable battery and you should be happy Nokia did this. It really makes it last longer, I mean the battery will be fine after two years of usage.

The Following User Says Thank You to szymeczek34 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
What about application that calculates time to wake up and time to battery full when they are same it would let charging start?

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Austria
agree, this is really an annoying behaviour.
have about 95% of battery in the morning after charging overnight, when you plug in the charger again it shows about 45min of charging time.

1000 improvements in PR1.3, but this was left behind

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Germany
Hi there,

as szymeczek34 said: This is not a bug or something similiar! Before you're getting annoyed read an article about effective use of the battery.

You can't change the battery in the N9 and so Nokia want you to have a good battery life. Lenovo use this method at notebooks too.

Originally Posted by Z4Z3N View Post
Hi there,

as szymeczek34 said: This is not a bug or something similiar! Before you're getting annoyed read an article about effective use of the battery.

You can't change the battery in the N9 and so Nokia want you to have a good battery life. Lenovo use this method at notebooks too.
you can change the battery. takes about 5 min to replace it.

cheers,
no_nuke

Well ... of course you can replace it, but this needs a lot of work and knowledge. For "average" users there is no way to change the battery:

http://www.nokia.com/za-en/support/p...5_FILE001.html

Original information from Nokia:

"Note:The battery in your device is non-removable, so refer to the battery-related statements as applicable to your device."

Whatever you do to change it - there is no way to change the battery, same thing with the IPhone or the Lumia series.

Originally Posted by Z4Z3N View Post
Original information from Nokia:

"Note:The battery in your device is non-removable, so refer to the battery-related statements as applicable to your device."

Whatever you do to change it - there is no way to change the battery, same thing with the IPhone or the Lumia series.
probably my english is not goog enough to understand what you mean, but i dissasembled my n9 5 times and everytime i had a loose battery in my hands.

cheers,
no_nuke

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Much more annoying is erratic behaviour of the phone when charging

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: