Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by colchaodemola View Post
Is there a way to make the mycontacts start only as the applet/widget but not the phone like app ?
Currently not...

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Baarlo, NL
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
Currently not...
Does this mean you're working on it?
I love the widget!
The phone book popping upon boot...not so much....

The Following User Says Thank You to ReemZ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ReemZ View Post
Does this mean you're working on it?
I love the widget!
The phone book popping upon boot...not so much....
Unfortunately not... I will try to remember about it whenever we have a new release but no promises about when...

I am considering making the source code "open source" but have to find time to clean up it a bit before I do.

p.s. The application window/splash screen is really to let you know that your phone is busy... pretty much the only thing that you will be able to do is have the application auto-close the window after loading all the contacts into memory - it won't save you any time, just a click on the X.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Baarlo, NL
Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing here: I mean the blue/grey phone book, not the splash screen.
The list that pops up when tapping 'MyContacts2', which was installed with MyContacts automatically, or when tapping 'Phones (BETA)' in MyContacts title bar menu.

Oh, sidenote, going through Settings again, I just noticed a little typo, under Window Orientation: Lanscape
It doesn't actually work btw, even when set to Landscape the widget still autorotates. Contacts opened from the widget will open in the orientation the widget has at that moment but will not rotate after.

The ringtone-per-group only works when being called from a mobile or landline btw, not when being called via Skype or GTalk. Bug or feature?

Sorry if these things have been mentioned before, I've not read the entire thread and playing with the app and widget I just noticed them and decided to add them to this comment

Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing here: I mean the blue/grey phone book, not the splash screen.
The list that pops up when tapping 'MyContacts2', which was installed with MyContacts automatically, or when tapping 'Phones (BETA)' in MyContacts title bar menu.
Yes, we are.

Oh, sidenote, going through Settings again, I just noticed a little typo, under Window Orientation: Lanscape
ooops....

It doesn't actually work btw, even when set to Landscape the widget still autorotates. Contacts opened from the widget will open in the orientation the widget has at that moment but will not rotate after.
The "rotation" is just for the application (and I think only for the "old" view). The contacts are supposed to always rotate on the widget. The contact "card" does not rotate "by design"

The ringtone-per-group only works when being called from a mobile or landline btw, not when being called via Skype or GTalk. Bug or feature?
The application only monitors the "phone" calls. Don't know if it would possible to extend to the other "calls" (never went looking for it)

Sorry if these things have been mentioned before, I've not read the entire thread and playing with the app and widget I just noticed them and decided to add them to this comment
Thank you for the comments. I am glad to know that we still have users that care about it!

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
What MyContacts features would you like to see on Harmattan?
Bigger caller ID avatars; quick-smart-speed dialing of ONE contact default (primary) number with just one tap; black list; caller icons (widgets) on the main desktop screen for quick dialing, PLEASE!

Originally Posted by noiseless View Post
Bigger caller ID avatars; quick-smart-speed dialing of ONE contact default (primary) number with just one tap; black list; caller icons (widgets) on the main desktop screen for quick dialing, PLEASE!
It is far from having the mycontacts functionality but it is something: http://www.crochik.com/quickcall

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Thanks for the link - I will try it later today.

hi. this is lovely app. but for some reason the option of "all(reject private calls)" does not work. the app stops working.

all three other options work.

can someone help please.

thank you

Originally Posted by tingu699 View Post
hi. this is lovely app. but for some reason the option of "all(reject private calls)" does not work. the app stops working.

all three other options work.

can someone help please.

thank you
It used to work. i haven't tested in a very long time.
Are yoy using the official maemo or have you enabled the community uodates? I have never tested with the community updates but have heard that at least the widget does not work as well as before.
Felipe

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900: