Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
They are considering same kind of revenue sharing model as what Apple does with iPhone, which is pretty freaking amazing.
Oh, Apples strategy in full then? I thought it might of meant confirmed carrier billing on the WP8 app store.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Nokia hardware is great but software inferior, hence WP.
Ok answer this. If the MS made software is so exceptionally good as you make it sound, wouldn't you expect that after pumping billions to it's development for a decade (as MS did), and having a long headstart to both iOS and Android, everybody on this planet shoud be using a windows based mobile os by now. Why is this not the case?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by RFS-81 View Post
Ok answer this. If the MS made software is so exceptionally good as you make it sound, wouldn't you expect that after pumping billions to it's development for a decade (as MS did), and having a long headstart to both iOS and Android, everybody on this planet shoud be using a windows based mobile os by now. Why is this not the case?

Dont know. All I know is that for a common man and woman, Lumia 800 is way better than what Nokia was offering up to now, at this moment. Whether it succeeds or not, I dont know either, but out of everything that Nokia had up its sleeves, WP 7 is the smoothest platform. Good luck to them, I wish they can be wealthy, healthy and throw few open freebies your way for you to hack.

Originally Posted by RFS-81 View Post
OK, Mr Lumiaman didn't say that WP was great. He said Nokia software was inferior and implied that WP was better. It could very well be that limiaman think that WP is the greatest of the greatest, but you cannot imply that from what he said. So why do you?

All I know is that for a common man and woman, Lumia 800 is way better than what Nokia was offering up to now, at this moment.
You don't know it, it's just your opinion. What's happening in the real world tells a different story.

The greater the breadth of functionality included in a device the better chance it has of catering for each individuals needs.

Originally Posted by specc View Post
OK, Mr Lumiaman didn't say that WP was great. He said Nokia software was inferior and implied that WP was better. It could very well be that limiaman think that WP is the greatest of the greatest, but you cannot imply that from what he said. So why do you?
As some has brought out the example of Amiga of the old where the 'better' machine did not win the war. So, it could be the same for the new WP8 phone. Nokia is putting all their eggs in this one basket(and given the past track record for the older WPx phone), it really does not look good.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
In Q4 2010 NOKIA's smartphone sales were up 36% year on year and the gross margin for smart devices was 29%. Also GM and ASP both went up in Q4 2010 as a result of the arrival of the N8.

In Q2 2012 NOKIA's smartphone sales are down 39% year on year and the gross margin is down to 23%.

It's not uncommon to see reductions in gross margins going hand in hand with increased sales, when customers place larger orders they expect keener prices (remember NOKIA's customers are carriers and retailers not Joe Public).

Decreasing margins combined with rapidly decreasing sales is a much more ominous sign.

The hundreds of millions of people who continued to buy Symbian phones long after iPhone and Android hit the market prove you wrong. Symbian absolutely, categorically was competing. Sorry if you don't like it but it's patently, obviously true.

You may want to read this, a slightly different interpretation of what you wrote....

http://dominiescommunicate.wordpress...-january-2011/

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
You may want to read this, a slightly different interpretation of what you wrote....

Tomi ahonen and Eldar, I don't think the words they write has any value any more. They simply to simple minded.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

That interpretation of TA's blog says that because TA saw that Nokia lost market share before Elop killed Symbian, it can't possibly be that Elop is to blame for the total and utter collapse of sales in units after he killed it.

Right. I'm sure there's some logic in there somewhere. Only, it appears to be warped.

Worst counter-blog I've read. If you are trying to make a point do not copy whole blog entries verbatim and then comment with one line in-between on one single point in a very similar format. I don't care how poor your wordpress/English skills are, that's just very poor form and makes your point harder to get. Didn't even understand the point s/he was making most of the time.

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen