Posts: 697 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Hillerød, DK
Originally Posted by abun880007 View Post
I have just reflashed phone again and tried with inception 0.2.5 and aegisctl will still not activate i am still getting the permissions problem. Anyone else have any further ideas what could be stopping it from working as i am following the steps and all works apart from the activating or aegisctl.. Could it be the software variant i am using or anything else.

Regards

Adam
Hi Adam
I just asked if my installation yesterday seems to be correct.
I'm asking again because trying with the inception_0.2.5 today I also got the permission problem you mention.
Regards
Garp

Last edited by Garp; 2012-07-26 at 06:08.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by Garp View Post
Hi Adam
I just asked if my installation yesterday seems to be correct.
I'm asking again because trying with the inception_0.2.5 today I also got the pemission problem you mention.
Regards
Garp
I tried everything I could to get this... I don't have this issue... Why do you guys?

I also freshly flashed my N9 each time though...

Originally Posted by Garp View Post
Now I have finished all of it including the aegisctl and its activating ending with
+edrtxk, -saz

Is that correct or how can I make sure that all is ok?
That's right

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Last edited by Arie; 2012-07-23 at 20:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Hillerød, DK
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
I tried everything I could to get this... I don't have this issue... Why do you guys?

That's right
Hi Arie
OK when my installation yesterday was correct as you say, then it's strange because when I didn't get an answer yesterday I tried again today to repeat the activation of aegisctl and now I got the same message as Adam "operarion not etc..?

When trying to install the 0.2.5 version then the error message is "Aegis rejecting inseption_0.2.5_armel.deb: Could not open debian archive" and I got the same message trying to reinstall the 0.2 version!

Today 24/7 I succeded in installing the version 0.2.5 so that's good and the same with installing the aegisctl but then regarding activating I got same error message "operation not permitted etc..."
So I must have had a lucky punch at the first activating for aegisctl or could it be that you can't reactivate?

Strange: today 26/7 running exactly the same commands I again got the correct result: +edrtxk,-saz

Regards
Garp

Last edited by Garp; 2012-07-26 at 06:15.

Originally Posted by Arie View Post

That's right
something must be cuasing it as inception appears to be working fine aegisctl just wont activate. Could it be the country variant of PR1.3 we are using or the fact i have open mode dual boot kernel install for Nitdroid, or something else. I have now done 4 clean flashes of my phone and it happens everytime. Everything else on my phone works fine apart from aegisctl i can even incept other packes and they are all ok, and i am follwoing the instructions correctly

Regards

Adam

Last edited by abun880007; 2012-07-23 at 22:09.

I too use dual boot kernel.

Beside the Aegis problem that I have also, OC modules are installing fine... after inception my wifi seems to malfunction, and doesn't connect anymore and get internet connection.

Can anyone else confirm that also? Nitdroid users with openmode dual boot kernel?

Last edited by Ferrum Master; 2012-07-24 at 16:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ferrum Master For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Did you try entering the WiFi network's name manually?

Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
I discovered shortly after launching INCEPTION 0.2 that it wasn't actually compatible with old firmware versions (before PR1.2). I've released a new update, 0.2.5, which is intended to work on all versions. Let me know if there are any issues!

The website is still down - since it might not go back up for a while, I'll see about arranging a way to restore access.
How do I upgrade to the new version? Thanks.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by phamgia View Post
How do I upgrade to the new version? Thanks.

well download link is on the first post for the new version...

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Did you try entering the WiFi network's name manually?
Well no...

It connects, sometimes DHCP works and and the green status icon is blinking... and then disconnets and again going in loops, like the old PR1.1 problem for some.

The most shocking fact is... that I've tried dozens of routers and the phone doesn't work, except when I use an android in hotspot mode... then it connects... I cannot even explain why... I've noticed some on nitdroid forum also experiencing same bug...

I am just now trying to incept without dual boot kernel, will report in later.

EDIT.
Open Kernel Fault. Now aegisctl also works fine... I dunno now to whom ask help... is it the kernel or inception?

Last edited by Ferrum Master; 2012-07-24 at 18:05.

Hi guys, im newbie with this stuff.. I just downloaded Inception, and just installed it. Any icon appears on my N9.. I dont know what else i have to do to unlock my phone.. Can you tell me what i have to do? Do i have to install another thing? Thanks!

Tags
aegis, inception, pr1.3, root-access