Active Topics

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
still no show in store

Impossible for me to watch youtube videos too : "access restricted".
I'm on PR1.3 and logged in.

Didn't try to reinstall though

EDIT : did uninstall, reboot, and resintalled : Not ok.

Last edited by aShtk; 2012-07-25 at 09:50.

I have problem with restricted access error too, but here's a quick.

play the video directly from the list, click on the thumbnail straight away, don't click on the title and enter the description area to click on the thumbnail over there.

EDIT: by the way, i noticed that the video length displayed in the thumbnail is incorrect, all videos seemed to be as long as 30 minutes plus

Last edited by kai_en; 2012-07-25 at 10:45.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kai_en For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
i second the 30minutes plus length.shown on thumbnails its incorrect

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Wow the new UI looks cool

Worked perfectly for me in the updates section but I do miss the old player and theme

@Marxian with regards to the player, could you please, please, please use mplayer instead of the CRAP Nokia player!

mplayer is hugely superior and never fails to play formats that the Nokia player spits out as being incompatible!

mplayer is also open sourced making it easy to integrate into cuteTube the same way kmplayer uses mplayer

Please consider this for the next version.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
I think I'll make this post as a one-stop for Marxian to address with regards to the new version of cutetube

1) Adding support for links from clipboard to playback/download queue
2) Able to play video in background (portrait/landscape mode)
3) Use MPlayer as front-end instead of Nokia Default Player
4) There's no way of going back to cuteTube without swiping out, and no easy way to skip videos in a playlist. When a video starts playing, nothing can be done on cuteTube like queueing the next video. Also, on pressing back/end of video the video player app loads instead of going back to cuteTube
5) Changing YouTube playback quality from 360p to 480p
6) Length of videos in thumbnails for both YouTube and Dailymotion is usually around 30mins+

Unverified:
7) For the people with the "acces to private videos" Problem:
The solution was to go to Settings --> Media/Content --> Private videos --> Tick Enable private videos (you have to log In a second time)
8) Two people have reported that the default save location is /home/user/Docs/cutetube which can't be changed unless they edited the .conf file: edited /home/user/.config/cuteTube/cuteTube.conf directly and stuck a / on the front of the line.

I'll monitor the thread and add to the post if there are any other issues so that we can prevent it from being spammed and easier for Marxian to get to the issues/requests...

Edit: After updating to v1.2.3, I can confirm there is no change for issues/requests numbering 1-6, I need help in cofirming from those who raised the issue for nos. 7 & 8.

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-07-28 at 14:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
I don't know if this is bug or not,

but cuteTube set download location as /home/user/Docs/cuteTube instead of /home/user/MyDocs/cuteTube

And if I try and change it in settings, I end up in a complete mess with folder created in /home/user/home/user/MyDocs/cuteTube

if you want to change it in settings dont type it out but select it...click on it then click the back arrow to go to MyDocs...

Tags
cutetube, harmattan, youtube