Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
freemangordon:
still getting to grips with thumb support but is kernel-cssu thumb compiled itself or does it just support thumb
It is not thumb-compiled, just workarounds thumb erratas

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Sorry for beiing so noob. I reinstall cssu-thumb in a reflash to try it again and install too kernell-power-settings for overclock and KP51 got installed itself too so now I think I'm using KP51 with cssu-thumb is this possible or wath?I also have 2 "Nokia Kernel" icons to uninstall the KP, should I uninstall anything or leave it like that?
BTW everythig is working fine...

Some major changes in cssu-thumb repo is going to happen these days, DO NOT DO apt-get upgrade by any means as it could end in an unbootable device.

The change that will happen is a toolchain upgrade to linaro gcc 4.7.2.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 101 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Lithuania
Originally Posted by guilledoc View Post
Sorry for beiing so noob. I reinstall cssu-thumb in a reflash to try it again and install too kernell-power-settings for overclock and KP51 got installed itself too so now I think I'm using KP51 with cssu-thumb is this possible or wath?I also have 2 "Nokia Kernel" icons to uninstall the KP, should I uninstall anything or leave it like that?
BTW everythig is working fine...
Do not worry if you leave both KP51 and cssu-kernel, system use only one which was installed the last (flashed the kernel). You can leave them both installed or u can uninstall kernel-cssu and save about 8-9MB from your rootfs until freemangordon mentioned KP52 will be released :P

Here is how:

1. Download the attached file below.
2. Put it in MyDocs folder.
3. Open terminal and paste this:
Code:
sudo gainroot
cd MyDocs
dpkg -i mp-fremantle-community-pr_21.2011.38-1Tmaemo4-thumb11-edited.deb
apt-get remove kernel-cssu kernel-cssu-modules
NOTE: I attached a package ONLY with edited dependencies from thumb repository. Dont try to install this package if u don't have latest Thumb installed because it can eat your brain easily !

CHANGES from:
Code:
kernel-cssu-flasher (= 1:2.6.28-10cssu2 )
to:
Code:
kernel-power-flasher (>= 1:2.6.28-10power51) | kernel-power-bootimg (>= 1:2.6.28-10power51) | kernel-cssu-flasher (= 1:2.6.28-10cssu2 )

Last edited by Nobless; 2012-07-25 at 11:17.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nobless For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Some major changes in cssu-thumb repo is going to happen these days, DO NOT DO apt-get upgrade by any means as it could end in an unbootable device.

The change that will happen is a toolchain upgrade to linaro gcc 4.7.2.
What improvements from old one ? Better speed, stability or what ?

Originally Posted by Nobless View Post
Do not worry if you leave both KP51 and cssu-kernel, system use only one which was installed the last (flashed the kernel). You can leave them both installed or u can uninstall kernel-cssu and save about 8-9MB from your rootfs until freemangordon mentioned KP52 will be released :P
How do I know if I have the latest cssu-thumb(supouse I have it )? There will be no problem if I do this now that @freemangordon had stated not to upt-get upgrade?
With this can have u-boot or multiboot?

Originally Posted by guilledoc View Post
How do I know if I have the latest cssu-thumb(supouse I have it )? There will be no problem if I do this now that @freemangordon had stated not to upt-get upgrade?
With this can have u-boot or multiboot?
There are many ways to check, one of these would be go to Settings > About Community SSU
And compare your installed version with newest, at the moment the newest is 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo4-thumb11
There will be no problem, this has nothing to do with CSSU thumb repository, also u dont use upt-get upgrade at all You can use u-boot or multiboot even without this edited meta-package. This edited package just let remove kernel-cssu and modules if you have kernel-power installed.

NOTE: If you use u-boot or multiboot and using thumb on your device don't try load/flash stock maemo kernel, because it dont have workarounds for erratas !

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nobless For This Useful Post:
When I use google says memory allocation failure "sec_error_no_memory"
Any fix for this?

EDIT: I already see the fix here -> http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=357 sorry

Last edited by PartyboyXP; 2012-07-26 at 14:13.

I did an apt-get upgrade before reading freemangordon's recent message. I did a devil-may-care reboot of my device with libgcc 4.7 and friends, to try and fix skype, and it came back OK.

Lucky me

New update is out, look at the first post for a changelog

Community SSU developer

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life