Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Moscow
Yep. All correct after reboot. Thank you.

@pali, thank for the update, however I was wondering why my CallNotify.py changes were used in your update without mentioning this anyhwere in latest version 0.3.0-1. I think my changes in the file (for which I used a lot of time and energy to make it work) are huge compared with original file from 0.2.0-2.

The way you were doing this update makes people believe (those that didn't read my post: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=465) that you are the single author fixing this application, and I think this is not nice.

I integrated your changes into extras package because it brings good options. Sorry if I forgot to write your changes here, but I wrote that in git commit: https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/ggi...c5736823409686

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Originally Posted by pali View Post
I tested it and sound & vibra events stopped after I read missed call. Try to reboot device. There is problem that if you change settings in control pannel it take effect after reboot...
I've not changed those settings for a looong time, and I have the notifier stuck in my status area telling me I have a sms because I read the sms before the phone notified me it had arrived (may have had the conversation window open - don't recall).

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Had the same issue few days ago, but then set all notifications off rebooted and set them back on and rebooted (not intentionally ). And now it seems better.

hi,
0.3.0-1
* Respect profile settings (silent profile, disabled vibrations)

this works only for "official" silent bulit-in profile ?! Many of Us have profilesx package and using more profiles, I Have profile called "night" and want if it can work on this profile. Is it somewhere changeable at least ?!

Thank you

call notify ask profiled daemon about current profile settings. if current profile has flag silent then sound events are disabled. if current profile has flag disabled vibrations, then vibra is disabled. if current profile has flag sms sound muted, then call notify do not play sound for new sms (same for calls and im).

so if your profile app create new profile in profiled daemon (yes this is really possible) and set all those flags, then it will work. just try it and write! call notify does not check profile name, so you can rename it as you want...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
I'm sorry for a response so late ...

i have added "ringing.alert.type=Silent" to profile, doesn't react to that (phone was restarted) ...

(path to file /home/user/.profiled/custom.ini)

I have package profilesx, don't know, if there is any else of this type of package ( http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=50266 )

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
the correct setting would be :
ringing.alert.type=silent

profilesx does not let you set this setting for custom
profiles. I had this option in a previous developer
version, but it does not do what you would expect.
Most parts of the system (hildon-home/desktop) just
ignores this setting and handles the one silent profile
as a "silent" profile just because of its name/id.

Or in other words, the way the system (maemo) handles
the profiles you can not create another profile that acts
like the one "silent" profile.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
CallNotify check if for silent via profiled key "ringing.alert.type" != "silent"

Also check "ringing.alert.volume" != 0 for calls and "sms.alert.volume" != 0 for sms.

So you can use ringing.alert.type=silent - CallNotify will handle it.

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post: