Active Topics

Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
thumb is stable or still testing version?

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by seanmcken View Post
thumb is stable or still testing version?
Asked http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=480
Answered http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=482
Read!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
is there anyway to install it without connecting the phone to the pc suit, because i cant install it and the place i am many people use linux machines, its hard to find a windows machine, xo if there is a way i'd like to know please

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by c4rl05 View Post
is there anyway to install it without connecting the phone to the pc suit, because i cant install it and the place i am many people use linux machines, its hard to find a windows machine, xo if there is a way i'd like to know please
http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/Installation_FAQ

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
I installed again the testing CSSU and I no longer have the battery issues. And the phone does seem to be smoother... placebo effect?

If only we could get smooth graphics... (yeah yeah, I know it's impossible, I was just dreaming )

Keep up the *awsome* work guys

While I'm usually prone to placebo effect, I really feel that CSSU-thumb is not only less memory-hungry, but also faster, when it comes to Maemo UI. Other experienced people seems to feel same effect.

zeq suggested, that it may come from updated (and possibly better) compiler used, which sounds sane, so it may not be placebo, after all.
---

Also, I've noticed nice thing - power usage for totally idle device with modem off dropped from ~6mA to ~4mA. With GSM on, it's ~6 mA as opposed to ~8mA (all numbers are average). Of course, 2mA isn't changing much during usage, but for increasing standby time, it's 33% more battery life (!), with GSM on, it's 25% better result.

I've tried to filter out possible natural fluctuations, and I must say that during long tests, this tendency remains also with screen on (average power consumption is less by 2-3 mA from what it was before thumb).
---

Summarizing:
Great job, freemangordon and zeq! It's absolutely awesome.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
n900 is very very fast on latest cssu thumb, oc 500-900MHz and 1GB swap on microsd
Thanks for great work.

Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
if i install cssu thumb will cleven get uninstalled since it depends on kernel power. or will kernel power remain installed along with ccsu thumb kernel?
thats one thing thats keeping me from using cssu thumb and also strangely cleven isn't installing with kp 51 also

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by raaj13 View Post
if i install cssu thumb will cleven get uninstalled since it depends on kernel power. or will kernel power remain installed along with ccsu thumb kernel?
thats one thing thats keeping me from using cssu thumb and also strangely cleven isn't installing with kp 51 also
with latest cssu-thumb kernel, cleven works fine

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dy1ng For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
My N900 became unstable after installing CSSU-thumb. Unstable in this case means graphical problems when switching homescreens, applications not always starting, and reboots and crashes when running for example Microb.
Installation (using HAM!) went ok as far as I could see, though I did not uninstall kernel-power settings v14 until after upgrading.

After trying unsuccessfully to install Kernel-power 51r1 to see if that would fix things, the device wouldn't boot and I had to restore my backup, so it is hard to give more information now.

Any idea what caused these symptoms? Should I have installed Kernel-power 51r1 first?
I am on CSSU-T, have multiboot installed, swap on sd, running DSP settnigs at 900mhz, swappolube at settings from the 'ramzswap' thread (but not running ramzswap currently).

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life